Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I've been looking at focus SVTs for a while and I found one I'm interested in. It's an '03, yellow with about 80k miles. I've heard that the clutch can leak into the car, and the thermostat housing can leak. Also about possibly needing a timing belt change at this amount of miles. Is there anything else I should look for? The car has 1 dent on the drivers door, but everything else looks pretty good. I've Always liked these cars, I just hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew if I get it. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Seems like a decent price. Also, it is the clutch master cylinder that leaks, and a relatively easy job to replace

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at the vehicle today. It seemed to be in good shape. A few cosmetic issues, but nothing major. There was some grease on the clutch pedal, but it didn't look fresh. It looked almost like someone had walked through grease on the street and then stepped on the clutch. Is that what it looks like when the clutch master cylinder leaks? Everything else looks alright, and very dry underneath the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts