Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas,

Ive been lurking for a year or so, I have a 2013 Ruby red MK3 SE manual 5 door. I love the car; its my first car I purchased new and made a good deal with a local dealer.

Ive put on 14k miles and have dropped a K&N, deleted snorkel and tinted the windows. Next project is the RMM.

Located in Rochester, NY.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome to FF!

Another WNY member is always nice, got a few regulars from the Roch..

Nice combination of features you picked, and that red is an attractive color.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man. This color is amazing in the sun especially with polarized sunglasses on [8D]

looking forward to contribute to the community here; seems like everyone here are good people.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nice.
How do you like the tint? Is it exactly 70% (NY law)? I also just got my first car, Sterling Grey, and was considering tints as well. I haven't decided if 70% is even worth it...what do you think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's up man! I know the law is 70% which is basically factory on the front windows. I have 45% fronts and 35% rears. Its a higher quality 3m film and it came out a little darker than expected.

I wish I had gotten 45 % all around. Never been pulled over but in the summer my front windows are usually down.

If I were to do it again with the same film I would do 55% front 45% rear and that is only because on a cloudy day I am somewhat worried about being pulled over. Clouds make it look dark. I'll take a pic in the morning of my tint to give you a reference.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Welcome from a fellow NY're!!!!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
What's up man! I know the law is 70% which is basically factory on the front windows. I have 45% fronts and 35% rears. Its a higher quality 3m film and it came out a little darker than expected.

I wish I had gotten 45 % all around. Never been pulled over but in the summer my front windows are usually down.

If I were to do it again with the same film I would do 55% front 45% rear and that is only because on a cloudy day I am somewhat worried about being pulled over. Clouds make it look dark. I'll take a pic in the morning of my tint to give you a reference.
Yea I kinda want to do the same, especially since I'm not even in NY currently (Michigan for now). I just don't want to waste 200-300 if I get ticketed when I'm back in NY. Maybe I should just do it anyway :p

The tint definitely looks good tho!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts