Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got word on any new fresh off the street gauges.. im sick of all the gay indiglo ones.. .. i dont like the reverse.. i want something fresh.. any ideas? ford racing has some really tight ones that have just deep blue numbers.. im thinking about that.. but anybody else have any ideas? lmk

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
I'd say paint all your gauges black so you can't see the numbers. Then just listen to your engine for gear changes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey I just installed my gauges from speedhut.com and they are kick ass. I have a metallic silver car and my gauses are the same color. With the indiglo blue deep blue that is. And the only part that glows is the ticks and numbers. They look so good. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will in the next day or so. Can someone tell me how?

·
Registered
27 Posts
those gauges from speedhut are alright but I ust got some off ebay that look pretty sweet(definately check ebay periodically, sometimes, there's good stuff tere at a reasonable price.).

My only complaint is now that I have a nice white gauge w reverse blue & red glow @ night, I'd want to install a brushed aluminum bezel just to offset all the black on the dash. Of course, if you do that, then you'd need to get a matching interior trim (but that's $200 down the road). That and you'd probably want to paint your OBVIOUSLY OARANGE needles on your gauge. I don't know where to get the paint yet but its all in good time. Keep doin that voodo that you do.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i was thinking about the metalic colored ford racing gauges at night there the deep blue numbers.. thanks

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
what about a whole new pod with some autometer gauges or something? probably be one giant PITA, but it'd be different.

MIke

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
FOCUS_ZTS said:
If I can figure out how to post a pic I will in the next day or so. Can someone tell me how?
Two ways to post pics.

1. Select the "Browse" button at the bottom left hand corner next to the "Attach File" section when you post a reply.
File can't be larger than 40K.

2. Post your pics in the Photo Gallary then get the link and post the link in the post using the IMG button.
This will take a day or so for your pictures to be approved by a moderator for appropriate content.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what those speedhut guages look like since I'm thinking of getting some.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
something i thought was really damn dope, as long as you have good eyesite....

in my zx3, i had the indiglo's. the wire came loose one night, and they went out. but.... the glow from the needles was enough for me to see how fast i was going, where i was on the tach, etc, etc, etc. just turn your dash lights up real bright so that the needles will glow real bright enough for you to see things. looks real trick. and definitely different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts