Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New front-pipe

872 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  jetrinka 
#1 ·
So I got a new front-pipe for my Trubendz exhaust. What I did have on there was the magnaflow resonator pipe. I got their HFC pipe. Slapped that thing on easy. Anyway. The sound is entirely different now. A good different. The volume level is pretty much the same but the rasp is entirely gone! I am very happy. Just a smooth deep tone throughout the RPM range. It used to get so raspy in the high RPM or when I just got on it but now it isn't raspy at all. Its so sweet.

So to all those that have looked at the kit with the resonator just go with the cat kit. Same nice deep magnaflow tone, same volume, without the raspiness. Any you have a cat on the car to boot! Awesome combo.

#2 ·
bout time u got that thing on there. u said b4 that there was no raspyness at all on ur system tho. (as u know, I can find the thread quickly lol). you have a header too. thing must sound so nice now! its cool u didnt have to weld anything in too. did they give u any discount for it at all?

#10 ·
Yee ha, I can relate - we have the same exhaust setup.

Mine also got raspy (ricey) at higher RPMs until I played with the tip by deadening it with the silicone. And then I wrapped the header to cool things down under the hood and a nice surprise there was an even slightly deeper tone.

#14 ·
Yeah magnaflow is awesome. Its such an agressive sound now. I just love it. And felt no power loss either.

Actually I was reading something in an import magazine once about HF cats. They dynoed a car with a test pipe and then with a HFC and the HFC only gave up one HP compared to the test pipe. 1HP is so negligable on a dyno...

It was interesting looking inside the pipe too compared to the stock cat. The honeycomb is so much more open in the HFC. Its amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.