Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Long time reader, First time poster. I was looking @ my 2000 Red ZX3, and thought to myself a new idea that i have not seen anywhere. Tell me whatca think guys. My idea is: Get anohter pair on headlights, and a custom bumper, and put the extra set of headlights rightm underneath the regualr ones so they line up. If someone could draw up a sketch of it to see what it looks like, i'd enjoy it..

-postman

·
Registered
151 Posts
getting past the legalities and the technical challenges of your idea i just have to ask....why? if your headlights aren't bright enough get better bulbs, upgrade your fog lights or if you have the money, get HID's.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I'm liking your idea.......but

Your going to have issues with first, making it look good. I'm assuming your talking about keeping the focus 'triangle like' headlights on top (stock ones) and some rectangular ones right below correct? It would be a hell of a lot of custom work obviously and I know it's hard to say since I've not seen your design idea but I'm betting that it won't 'flow' very well. You'll end up with a completely redesigned front end bumper. It might look good on a car with an extensive bodykit but on an otherwise stock focus, I can't see it being really good. You might have as mentioned above, legality issues. As well your alternator is going to take a good hit from those extra lights so you might have to upgrade that as well.

I'd like to see something like that but there are other options, hids, hid kits, light bars (although they are damn ugly), bigger fogs (like the EVO front bumper and big round fogs. etc), projector type lights, etc.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinkiing of using the triangle lights (stock), and put them right under stock lights so they match up. It prolly looks stupid, but i've never seen it, and was hoping somoene would encurage me to look into it. I thought it'd look maybe likes eyes the way they line up.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i want some of what your smokin! lol j/p

·
Registered
236 Posts
S2 had an Idea with the square headlights. But the stock headlights under the stock headlights? I don't even think there is a way to make it look good.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Silver_PZEV23 said:
S2 had an Idea with the square headlights. But the stock headlights under the stock headlights? I don't even think there is a way to make it look good.
Yeah I agree, putting another set of focus headlights under the other ones (either in a big triangle or reversed, I dunno, big mess. Maybe something different but another set of stockers, I don't even know how you could make that work, let alone look good at all.

·
Registered
373 Posts
omg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imFOCUStman, close, but take the two bottoms ones and switch sides, then 180 em so they line up with the stock lights

1 - 18 of 18 Posts