Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm kinda lucky I got in contact with Whiteline Suspension and was able to get my car fitted with their prototype front and rear sway bars which is really awesome to have a chance to do.
Ive got a SE without the sports package on it if anyone is gonna ask but I do have aftermarket wheels and tires and exhaust on it already to.
I went into a shop they deal with today and had them installed the rear was easy as cakes to do. The front on the other hand is kinda a pain you have to drop the sub frame on the car to be able to get some wiggle room to get the bar actually out of there which isn't to hard but was time consuming but it went on without any problem.
Ive got both bars on the car now and took it for a spin and all I can say is WOW the car is a lot more responsive in the front and back end holds you can def tell a difference in how the car handles and responds. Now its time to get some coil overs and get LOW LOW LOW haha so ill stop with my rambling and show you some pics
As of right now I don't have any specs on the bars but I'm sure ill be getting them soon

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks great?? Any idea when these are suppose to be released??

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sry bout the pics try and get some better ones and I dont know on when they are going to be released probably gonna be soon ill have my details here soon and pics

·
Registered
422 Posts
Pretty awesome! Did they let you keep them for free or at a discounted rate?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got them for free which is really cool and they are gonna be coming out with more product in the future so hopefully ill be able to test them out

·
Registered
290 Posts
So I'm kinda lucky I got in contact with Whiteline Suspension and was able to get my car fitted with their prototype front and rear sway bars which is really awesome to have a chance to do.
Ive got a SE without the sports package on it if anyone is gonna ask but I do have aftermarket wheels and tires and exhaust on it already to.
I went into a shop they deal with today and had them installed the rear was easy as cakes to do. The front on the other hand is kinda a pain you have to drop the sub frame on the car to be able to get some wiggle room to get the bar actually out of there which isn't to hard but was time consuming but it went on without any problem.
Ive got both bars on the car now and took it for a spin and all I can say is WOW the car is a lot more responsive in the front and back end holds you can def tell a difference in how the car handles and responds. Now its time to get some coil overs and get LOW LOW LOW haha so ill stop with my rambling and show you some pics
As of right now I don't have any specs on the bars but I'm sure ill be getting them soon

Very cool.

Whiteline Suspension, if I am not mistaken, is based in Australia, is it not?

eEmotiv, another Australian Company, makes a tunable Electronic Stability Control system addition; their version 2 apparently will be applicable to a much wider range of cars than their version 1. Version 1 works for some Holdens, a Nissan 350 or 370 Z, a mark V Golf, and one or two others.

eEmotiv is managed by Jim Gurieff, of Whiteline management background. I think in some ways it is still linked to Whiteline.

With tunable ESC, you can still retain your ABS, but can dial-in the degree of ESC and TCS intervention -- and you can then either set up the chassis with varying front and rear roll stiffness, or you can dial-in the relative understeer / oversteer, using the "tuner" -- to apply individual wheel brakes, using the antilock brakes.

I suspect the only way to get rid of the ESC or to be able to selectively adjust it, is to use the eEmotiv product.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks like they're at: 9469 Richmond Place, Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730 USA

From a November Release flyer...http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bulletins/Update%20BL-382.pdf

NOW AVAILABLE - Whiteline sway bars for the 2012 FORD FOCUS Consisting of a front fixed 24mm solid sway bar (BMF51X) with 2 size options of 22mm (street) and 24mm (track) in the rear which both feature 2 point adjustment for fine tuning handling behaviour.

BMF51X Front 24mm non adjustable sway bar - $207.85
BMR78Z Rear 22mm 2 point adjustable sway bar - $207.85
BMR78XZ Rear 24mm 2 point adjustable sway bar - $207.85

www.whiteline.com.au

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very cool.

Whiteline Suspension, if I am not mistaken, is based in Australia, is it not?

eEmotiv, another Australian Company, makes a tunable Electronic Stability Control system addition; their version 2 apparently will be applicable to a much wider range of cars than their version 1. Version 1 works for some Holdens, a Nissan 350 or 370 Z, a mark V Golf, and one or two others.

I suspect the only way to get rid of the ESC or to be able to selectively adjust it, is to use the eEmotiv product.
Something like this will be great! I hate how even with TC off it still slows down after giving the car some hell around a turn

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Something like this will be great! I hate how even with TC off it still slows down after giving the car some hell around a turn
Maybe it will kill the Governor also [driving]

·
Registered
290 Posts
So, you confirm that when you do give it hell (by way of cornering) the ESC system shuts down the fun.

Thank you for that info.

Do others have any experience with this? There was another post, out there, about adding just a rear anti-sway bar from the Steeda (I think it was). Did the folks adding this 'bar find the ESC shut down the fun?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I was wondering what that was... I was hitting a corner hard and on the gas and it fell on its face.. WTF?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I was wondering what that was... I was hitting a corner hard and on the gas and it fell on its face.. WTF?
The TCS will intervene when it detects wheelspin by applying the brake to the spinning wheel and, if necessary, cutting engine power to reduce the spinning. The ESC will intervene when the car detects an oversteer/understeer condition by applying the brakes individually to help keep the car on course. I've found that the car does give you a little room to play with before intervention, you can spin tires a little or rotate the tail a little (throttle-lift oversteer) with no TCS/ESC intervention.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Ill try it again when we get some nice dry weather [:)]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts