Nitto tires,
Trick Flow R-series upper and lower intake,
Ford GT40 iron heads
Ford Racing B-303 Cam
BBK ceramic coated shorty headers.
Off road x-pipe
Flowmaster mufflers
Ford Racing 3.73 Gear

Other than the weird paint job, its pretty nice. I have to replace the head gasket. Once done will post more pics and vids.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
The one and only thing I don't like about those body style is the headlights are taller than the corner lens. Just something about it has always bothered me. I do how ever like the SVT cobras in that body style. Good find none the less.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i hate you.... i'd gladly give my Focus up for an SN95 5.0. u should replace those heads with GT40X heads while your doing the head gasket =)...stick or auto?

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
Rattle can that sh!t white!!! Sweet car except for the paint! Do you have a video of the exhaust yet? With those mods i bet it sounds killer

·
Registered
467 Posts
its got the purple people eater infection, save it with new paint, lol. Nice find those are great cars to have. My wife loves purple she would probably drive the hell out of that!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its got the purple people eater infection, save it with new paint, lol. Nice find those are great cars to have. My wife loves purple she would probably drive the hell out of that!
My wife loves the paint some odd reason. I think its the green in the paint. Her favorite color. The paint detail is immaculate

Rattle can that sh!t white!!! Sweet car except for the paint! Do you have a video of the exhaust yet? With those mods i bet it sounds killer
No videos. Its INOP right now.

i hate you.... i'd gladly give my Focus up for an SN95 5.0. u should replace those heads with GT40X heads while your doing the head gasket =)...stick or auto?
Would love to do that. But its the wifes car so Im not touching it. (Like that will happen[shhh]). BTW, 5 speed. We both dont believe in Auto, No offense to anyone!!! She learned to drive standard in my focus.

The one and only thing I don't like about those body style is the headlights are taller than the corner lens. Just something about it has always bothered me. I do how ever like the SVT cobras in that body style. Good find none the less.
I HATE the headlights on this gen mustang. I had a 95 about 5 years ago and I had the 351W in it but those headlights just dont go well. The Cobra wheels are my Fav!

As for plans for the car so far:
Fix motor.
Tune up (check plugs, wires for continuity, air filter, fuel filter, etc... to see what else it needs)
Debadge everything.
Suspension work
Depending on how she runs few performance parts.

Will add more pictures by the end of the day.

Guy my wife bought the car from has a
02 Ford Lighting for sale making 674hp/777tq. http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72256

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
they look fine if the hoods actually closed lol

its a bit overdone for me but hell if she likes it thats cool. always liked these

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they look fine if the hoods actually closed lol

its a bit overdone for me but hell if she likes it thats cool. always liked these
The hood is open.

Hopefully going to pick it up today. As long as i have a trailer from a co worker...

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Damn I thought it was a new 5.0 not an old one lol tricky title. Do u know what it runs in an 1/8th?

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn I thought it was a new 5.0 not an old one lol tricky title. Do u know what it runs in an 1/8th?

Last guy who owned it before the guy im buying it from (current seller owned it for 2 weeks and dont want to turn wrenches) ran 125 shot on her and blew the head gasket. He was running mid-hi 12s in the 1/4. I got to talking to the current owner and stated previous owner was running factory tune on it and this is why it blew. I've looked at it today and I will have to say this is a very EASY fixer upper. He has all receipts supporting all the mods.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
My buddy has 96 cobra vorteched t-trim 91 oct tune stage 3 heads and 4:11 gears. This car scared the shit out of me when I drove it. His daily setup was around 485whp at 10psi. I wanted to buy it off him when he got a bottom end knock but I think ill kill my self in it so it sits in his garage just waiting to be brought back to life. The fr 500 wheels look better for ur paint scheme tho. 17x9 front and 1 inch lip 17x10 rear with a 2 inch lip my buddy has them and they sit flush and clear his brembos up front

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice find

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, more update:

- Got vehicle in my garage, Took us about 2.5 hours to get it. Thats with 40 Min drive.
- Rear end has some type of "street link" setup. Will take pics.
- Just ordered my Upper/Lower intake gasket. NOBODY carry on hand.
- Start working on it tomorrow morning when the wife leaves!
- Purchased all gaskets/seals (intake/exhaust gasket for head, intake seal, fuel gasket/o ring, etc.)

-Will need to purchase new mufflers tho. Will be running Straight X-pipe till my wife gets cash to buy two new mufflers. Thinking maybe Bassani mufflers... or the typical Flowmaster. What would you recommend?

-Stay tuned. Will take pics of process.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
My buddy running 3 inch flowmaster super 44's. Sound great!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice mustang. Is the inside as loud as the outside?
If your talking audio, HELL no. Has an Ancient CD player and Im sure the speakers are factor. My wife wants to go with a decent system setup. We're both going to go for components all around (already has 4 ch amp), Alpine CDE-121, and one small 12" woofer.

My buddy running 3 inch flowmaster super 44's. Sound great!
I've listen to a lot of youtube video's, IMO i want her to go with a Deep throaty tone and I know bassani has some SICK setups for these GTs. I've had flowmasters 30 series on my last 95 that had a 351w in it and sound good. Right now it has BBK x pipe and flowmaster mufflers. DONT know what model tho.

Gettiing coffee made then start working on it. A lot of pics soon

1 - 20 of 49 Posts