Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 2010 Focus SE, 125k, but a great price. Any tips on how to keep it running would be great!

·
Registered
609 Posts
A 2010 focus, like all 2005+ US focus's have the Duratec engine which has a timing chain drive not timing belt.

As for keeping it running, just keep up with regular maintenance. It is probably close to time to change the fuel filter, spark plugs (and while in there check to make sure the spark plugs are dry as the valve cover gasket is known to leak oil at times), and a few other wear items if they haven't been replaced yet. The forum is full of things for our cars and chances are somebody, if not many people, have encountered already for many issues you may encounter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up everyone. I actually took it to the Ford dealer and a very respectable mechanic and both said everything looks and sound great. As for your suggestions, I am changing a lot of items this week, to include spark plugs, and am going to have the suspension reevaluated as well.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Welcome to FF. Jump on the mk2 section & the suspension/brakes section also for ideas/info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts