Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Im gonna be honest and say I dont really know much about cars, this 2010 Focus SE I just bought is my first car and Im hoping to learn with it. I was hoping that I could get some opinions/ideas on what I can do to upgrade the appearance and performance of the car. [:eek:]

·
Registered
318 Posts
I say start with , cold air intake best and easiest mod you can do bettergas mileage. But if you are doing mods for the gas mileage its notworth it its just a small perk but he is right read stickies and ask question we would be glad to help.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
(= congrats on your buy. what color did you get? here is my 2010 se sedan> ive made some appearance changes along with several performance mods and audio upgrades.

Feel free to ask any questions bud ill be glad to try and help
ALSO> WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Welcome to the Focus world, your gonna like it.
same as everyone else, take you time and read the stickies and maybe poke around and read everything that interests you.
I have a 2010 S (Stripped) sedan that I've been modding for the last year, if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask and good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I already feel welcome. Its Silver, but Im thinking of having it painted black. Right now I want to try to do appearance changes, and save the technical stuff for when Im more comfortable with they way everything works. Im confused on all the stuff though, I dont understand what Im supposed to look for when buying wheels... I also saw these lights I saw but would they fit on my '10?

http://turbometal.com/lighting/proj...fl-halo-projector-headlights-08-09-black.html

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Take a look at Tire Rack to find out some more about wheel selection, or PM [email protected] on this site and you should be able to get all kinds of info. I thought there was a sticky for rim size and offsets, but I could be wrong.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Yes the lights you posted will work, there just a lot cheaper on eBay.
as for wheels you would be looking in the 15-18" x 6.5-7.5" with an offset of 40-45mm and the lug pattern of 4x108mm
Or you could just look through the pictures here on FF and see what you like and ask the owner about them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, you guys are great! I have so many questions, but I dont want to be annoying xD
What about paint jobs? Should I keep my factory color? If I do paint it, what should I look for?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
If your dead set on having a black car then sell your silver one and go buy a black one. it will be quicker, cheaper and look better in the end.
IMO silver is a great color for the Focus, everything looks good on silver.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I'm biased to the liquid grey, but he's right. It would be around $3k for a solid paint job more if you want it to look as nice as the factory.

I'm pretty sure there is a black ST on the site for sale.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, maybe Ill just stick with my Silver, unless I can somehow trade my car. Ive read a little about installing a sound system in this car and as far as I can tell, its not an easy task. I take it this would also be in the high thousands to do?

·
Registered
318 Posts
High thousand NO NEvER my friend did it for me in about an hour and a half ad he was holding his 7 month old baby on one hand , he doesn't even work for that kinda stuff.. and didn't chargeme smack cuz he said it was easy, he also installed my new radio that I boughtin the process and I was taking mental notes didn't seem to hard.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
No its not too bad, I replaced everything for under a grand. all new speakers, DD in dash dvd player, new dash face plate, wiring harness adapter, amp and sub was around $800 or so.
Try sonic electronix dot com

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
It can be intimidating but remember the cars were built on a moving assembly line, there very not hard to take apart or put together! again if you need help just let us know, and well do our best to walk you through it.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Check out the walk throughs. Seriously. The stickies have EVERYTHING.

I did a double din in dash DVD that looks super clean.

Changing the speakers only involves taking off door panels and unplugging wires. It might be a little more complicated to wire up a sub and build a box, but there are even threads about all that on here.

Never be afraid of working on your car. If it was hard I wouldn't be able to do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha, you guys are getting me pumped for this. Are there certain speakers i should use? Like a specific size or something?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The factory speakers are 6x8 in both doors. I used a 5-1/4" component system in the front doors and a 6x8 for the rear doors. Just dont go too big or the back of the speaker will hit the window inside of the door, if that happens you wont be able to roll it down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
(= congrats on your buy. what color did you get? here is my 2010 se sedan> ive made some appearance changes along with several performance mods and audio upgrades.

Feel free to ask any questions bud ill be glad to try and help
ALSO> WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!
Your car is really nice!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts