Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got my first car, and it's a hand-me-down. There are many issues with the car, but there are a lot of performance mods.

Here's a link to my original post:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180755

Being in Las Vegas, I am looking for a mechanic to tkae a personal look at the car. Also I need to pass a smog test, so I'm not sure what to do myself.

If you guys can refer me to any local mechanics who you trust, or know Focuses, that would be great.

I would try to join the group, but im not 18 :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Cédric

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome! I dont know of any mechanic shops, but im willing to come by and give a helping hand.. Is your check enging light on?? if not u will pass smog just fine.. I have no catalytic converter and i passed smog with no issues.. and an alignment is 60 sumtin bucks..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer, sounds sweet. THe car's not registered yet, but once i get the paperwork, maybe you can help me. And if there's any way i could join the crew, I'd love to!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey and Welcome to the site. Gratz on the new car. Car looks good from the pictures (minus the rear bumper). Have any other pics of it. What part of town do you live on, maybe one of us could run over one day and take a look at it. From what it sounds like to me is that its fine, you just havent gotten it smoged yet. Or have you and it failed? We have tools to be able to tell you what needs to be done if you fail.

We currently have 3 get togethers. Thursday night at Raising Canes on Las Vegas Blvd at the Belz outlet mall. Saturday Morning at 8-11 (whenever you feel like) at Cars and Coffee, which is on Eastern 2 blocks south of the 215, and Saturday evening at 6 at the PT's Pub parking lot on Decator just south of Charleston.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks for the offer, sounds sweet. THe car's not registered yet, but once i get the paperwork, maybe you can help me. And if there's any way i could join the crew, I'd love to!

Welcome to FF and thanks for popping in our forum, toy are more than welcome to come out and join the club. and we could possibly get a tech day set up and get your car taken care of!!!!!!!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
sweet......another focus-as-first-car person [thumb] lol I know what you mean about not being in the uh, club.... I'm 16 so it would be really awkward to say the least :B

edit: wait lol......what is Focal Distortion? [giggle]

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would try to join the group, but im not 18 :(
-Cédric
Not being 18 isn't really an issue, it's more of a we don't want any imature teenagers who think they car drive better than anyone else and have less a year's worth of experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow you guys are very generous in your offers.
I think I will wait until the registration and title process is complete to actually meet up with you guys.

I'll be in touch.

By the way, do you guys know of any local garages I could trust wiht a modded car, more specifically a focus? I will take everyone's advice, but I would also like to see a mechanic, cuz i do need to get new tires, oil, and wheel alignment and stuff like that. I was thinking Advanced Autodynamics, but I heard they're expensive.

Thanks again

-Cédric

·
Registered
453 Posts
they are good and Ryan our club Co-founder use to work for them...he has a Red SVT. he was a mechanic and know about all the shops you can give him a call @ 569-8080

·
Focal Distortion LV
723 Posts
Ok, I have an am header as well. this is what you need to do. About 2 days before you go get your smog check, disconnect your battery for about 15 mins. This will reset the computer, there's a bunch of checks the engine has to go through (this take a few days).

Because you have no catalytic converter, the engine light WILL come on, but not for a few days. SO if you time it right, then engine will pass the minimum amount of tests to pass smog, and the engine light would not have come on yet either. That's how I pass smog.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Or you could stop destroying the envoroment and get a none restrictive high-flow cat.

·
Focal Distortion LV
723 Posts
[:)][:)][:)][:)] the environment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts