Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this 06 ZX4 SES in May and I am very satisfied with its performance, look and overall feel. However, I wish to upgrade the appearance of my baby. I'm on a pretty tight budget (500$ or less) and I would appreciate any suggestions to make this ride less stocky.

Click on the links to enlarge the pictures. [:)]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Alot of good looking mods can be done very cheap. I suggest, painting the grill black, tinting the side markers, if you are brave painting the inside of the headlights, debadging the back, painting the wheels and brake calipers, tint, lowered and maybe a nice exhaust tip (not a cheap one, like a good quality one) and im guessing that could all be had for under $500. Im sure others will chime in soon with suggestions.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
paint grille, paint ur light housing black, clear sidemarkers, springs, exhaust, chop ur antenna (i will tell you how), paint calipersdebadge the back, headlight bulbs and forlight bulbs (silverstars). thats my .02.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
dont forget to budget in some good quality cleaning and waxing supplies, black is an awesome color but keeping looking great can take some work.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
if it were mine I would first tint it 130. Next I would get clear marker lights 20. Then clear tails can be found for 100. Some svt springs 100 and the caliper paint. Then just save for a set of rims can be found used on here pretty often for a decent price. By the way black would be my second color of choice looks like a nice starting point

·
Registered
532 Posts
Painted the chrome grille ($15-20 for supplies - paint, sandpaper, primer, clearcoat)
Clear corners about $25

Here is a pic. Yeah, I know its a mess, its either been raining, or unbearably hot, and its a big mess.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rims! You'd make the most dramatic change, quicker and easier, by putting on some good rims. What I plan to do first anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I'd vote for some rims and clear corners for starters. Maybe move on to the grill and perhaps some tint later on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
For heaven's sake, DON'T get clear tails! Put Niteshade on them to tint them darker, to make them match the car more. Maybe get some smoked headlight covers. Clear corners, for sure. I would lower it too, improve the stance some. Lowering and some darkening would make the most dramatic difference. Tinted windows are good too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts