Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a '12 Focus Titanium HB. Very nice so far but one minor issue: the horn honks twice every single time the doors lock, even if the car automatically locks the doors as I am pulling out of my parking spot. I don't know how to phrase the question to find how to fix that or if it's just some bug with MFT.

Also, the connection to the window buttons/side mirrors is loose. It worked on the test drive but on the way home it no longer worked. [cool] Hopefully that is it for gremlins.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just bought a '12 Focus Titanium HB. Very nice so far but one minor issue: the horn honks twice every single time the doors lock, even if the car automatically locks the doors as I am pulling out of my parking spot. I don't know how to phrase the question to find how to fix that or if it's just some bug with MFT.

Also, the connection to the window buttons/side mirrors is loose. It worked on the test drive but on the way home it no longer worked. [cool] Hopefully that is it for gremlins.
That's why you get a warranty. Just take it in and they will fix it cause the horn problem seems mOre like a loose wire than a feature

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, I'm not complaining -- it is what it is, but, just hoping the horn is an easy fix. Window buttons would be easy but I'll take it to the dealership so the door panel is removed properly.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
lol @ thinking that could possibly be an MFT bug... wow

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been led to believe that anything going wrong is MFT -- either way, I just went and fixed the problem as far as I know. I just held down the lock button for awhile and then suddenly the horn stops the unnecessary honks and my window switches were back working. Back to being 100% impressed with the car, pending my MPG hitting 30-31.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
well consult your owners manual for what that may have been. could have been some kind of valet/safety feature.

also... the only MFT issues have to do with what MFT can do.. you can't honk the horn via MFT.

·
Registered
459 Posts
"Please say a command" ... "Honk the horn at that A**hole"

:p

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
It's possible one of your doors wasn't closed all the way. If they doors lock and one of them isn't closed all the way the horn beeps twice.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Or one of the switches that checks if the door is closed is defective (intermittent). If the problem comes back, take it to the dealer to have them look at it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm assuming it was the door but the window switches not working was a bit weird. They lit up so the connection was still there, but it's possible the not-fully-shut door was upsetting it that much. Very odd, but, it is what it is even more so now.

"Please say a command" ... "Honk the horn at that A**hole"

:p
I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with my blame, but, I'd pretty much love for that command.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts