Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Behind the numbers, we are seeing encouraging trends from our brand – particularly, the rising percentage of customers choosing our highest-spec Titanium models," said Roelant de Waard, vice president of Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. "Close to half of all Focus customers are purchasing Titanium models [:)], and many are choosing advanced technologies, such as Active Park Assist."
http://media.ford.com/news/salessur...evebestaugustmarketshareineuropesince1998.htm

·
Registered
157 Posts
Active Park Assist, nah if i cant Parallel park my car, I shouldn't be driving....lol... that was about the only thing i did not get on my titanium....

·
Registered
967 Posts
^^ Ditto, Seemed like a waste of cash to me. Didn't get NAV either because I can't justify the cost and lack of upgrade options. I got everything else though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Active Park Assist, nah if i cant Parallel park my car, I shouldn't be driving....lol... that was about the only thing i did not get on my titanium....
If it weren't bundled with the rear view camera I might've skipped it too. As it is I'm glad I got it. I've used it several times already, and twice it's gotten me into spots I would have passed without it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i agree with hillbillyinbc, the rear view camera alone is worth it, the assist is a nice extra. i've only really used it once so far (after testing it out a few times) and it was great to have. can i parallel park myself? yes. do i want to? hell no.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I love my Titanium! As stated, rear view camera and sensors are nice. I use the parallel park feature daily as I don't have a driveway in downtown Milwaukee - well worth the money for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got the park assist to get the rear view camera. I tried the park assist but stopped it part way through. It was parking behind a pick-up that had its tailgate down and I was afraid the sensors wouldn't see it. I was working fine until I stopped it. I will park behind a truck and see if the sensors pick up things that are at eye level.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea, I'm one of the ones that got the titanium with everything but the Park Assist package. I really would have liked to have gotten the camera in the back if they offered it without the extra park assist stuff, but I just didnt want to pay that much more for the car to park itself. Granted its a sweet feature, but I think its definitely a "depends on where you drive/where you live"-type feature. I just dont parallel park enough lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, the park assist comes as standard on the Titanium X in our country, it is not fitted because nobody can park cars it is there because it is a feature to be used or not as the case maybe, it is also an option of other, more expensive, manufacturers cars, such as the Golf. However it does not, as of yet, come with the rear view camera, although this may change very soon.
Chris

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi, the park assist comes as standard on the Titanium X in our country, it is not fitted because nobody can park cars it is there because it is a feature to be used or not as the case maybe, it is also an option of other, more expensive, manufacturers cars, such as the Golf. However it does not, as of yet, come with the rear view camera, although this may change very soon.
Chris
If rural England is like rural Ireland, I can see that you could get a lot of use out of parking assist. In Ireland there was often on-street parking on narrow streets where speed in getting into the space would be appreciated by those following.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Rear view camera was one of the options I was starting to regret not ordering, especially for resale value. But that was when I thought it was part of the 401 package. It would have been worth it for 500, but not for the 900 or whatever the parking assist package is.

So I'm still happy with my choice.

Unrelated note: hey wag4513, do you have a picture of your car on here yet? I wanna see the polished wheels.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If rural England is like rural Ireland, I can see that you could get a lot of use out of parking assist. In Ireland there was often on-street parking on narrow streets where speed in getting into the space would be appreciated by those following.
Hi, well I haven't had to use it yet and thing is about park assist, as it'll pickup on the cars parked opposite anyway and might not work, besides I'm sure I could park quicker than an automated device...
Chris

·
Registered
724 Posts
I am seeing more and more 12 Focus's on the road in the Boston area usually at least two a day. So far almost every car that I have been able to ID the trim level has been an SE, besides my own I have only seen one other SEL and no Titaniums.

Looks like in at least my area folks aren't going for all the bells and whistles of the upper trim levels.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
if one can't park a car this small they need to walk...
I don't like that everyone is hatin' on the parking assist package.

Jesus, it's not about ability - it's about convenience. I can turn on my windshield wipers myself, I can turn on my lights myself, I can manually pump my brakes, I can unlock my doors with a key, I can raise my stereo volume when I'm on the highway, and I can parallel park my car myself.

It's not that we can't - it's just that we don't want to. This car parallel parks itself perfectly every time - and just as fast (probably faster) as when I manually parallel park. If you live in the 'burbs, don't buy it. But if you parallel park 2-4 times a day like I do, then it's well worth the money.

And as many people have said, worth is based on an individual basis. For some, the package is worth the backup camera alone.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Jesus, it's not about ability - it's about convenience. I can turn on my windshield wipers myself, I can turn on my lights myself, I can manually pump my brakes, I can unlock my doors with a key, I can raise my stereo volume when I'm on the highway, and I can parallel park my car myself.

It's not that we can't - it's just that we don't want to. This car parallel parks itself perfectly every time - and just as fast (probably faster) as when I manually parallel park. If you live in the 'burbs, don't buy it. But if you parallel park 2-4 times a day like I do, then it's well worth the money.

And as many people have said, worth is based on an individual basis. For some, the package is worth the backup camera alone.
I completely agree. I use my vehicle for work to visit clients, I'm constantly looking for a place to park, I love the Active Park Assist feature, it saves me time, which means I can see more clients in a day. Combined with the back up camera and front sensors that alert you to obstacles in front of the vehicle, i'm good to go. Couldn't be happier with it. Those don't like it, most likely didn't order it so everyone is happy.

·
Registered
179 Posts

I completely agree. I use my vehicle for work to visit clients, I'm constantly looking for a place to park, I love the Active Park Assist feature, it saves me time, which means I can see more clients in a day. Combined with the back up camera and front sensors that alert you to obstacles in front of the vehicle, I'm good to go. Couldn't be happier with it. Those that don't like it, most likely didn't order it so everyone is happy.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Chris
Is the 1.6L EcoBoost standard on the Titanium in the UK?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, the 1.6 Ecoboost is fitted to the Ti and the TI X, but then you can choose from all these engines as well:
1.6 105 PS S5, 5 Speed
1.6 125 PS S5, 5 Speed
1.6T 150 PS EcoBoost S5, 6 Speed
1.6 TDCi 095 PS (DPF) S5, 6 Speed
1.6 TDCi 115 PS (DPF) S5, 6 Speed
2.0 TDCi 140 PS (DPF) S5, 6 Speed
2.0 TDCi 140 PS (DPF) S5, PowerShift
2.0 TDCi 163 PS (DPF) S5, 6 Speed
2.0 TDCi 163 PS (DPF) S5, PowerShift

Chris

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Hi, the 1.6 Ecoboost is fitted to the Ti and the TI X, but then you can choose from all these engines as well:
1.6 105 PS S5, 5 Speed
1.6 125 PS S5, 5 Speed
1.6T 150 PS EcoBoost S5, 6 Speed
1.6 TDCi 095 PS (DPF) S5, 6 Speed
1.6 TDCi 115 PS (DPF) S5, 6 Speed
2.0 TDCi 140 PS (DPF) S5, 6 Speed
2.0 TDCi 140 PS (DPF) S5, PowerShift
2.0 TDCi 163 PS (DPF) S5, 6 Speed
2.0 TDCi 163 PS (DPF) S5, PowerShift

Chris
Must be nice...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts