Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally made it back to the US from Iraq, and my new ’12 Focus SE Sport was waiting for me at home. Been driving it about 10 days or so; got around 1200 miles on it. 31.2 mpg ave so far.

Despite my firm intentions of getting down to Capaldi Racing ASAP to kick it with them, and see if any of the bad A mods on their SEMA Focus sedan might be available…………..I haven’t done so. Been sick with a nasty sinus infection since I’ve been back, set up a new notebook to take back to Iraq with me, cleaning out my old notebook for sale, running around seeing family & friends, running around picking up stuff I want to take back with me, running around to the bars, and then there’s been all the running around. Sigh!! Maybe I’ll make it to Capaldi’s on my next trip.

Haven’t done anything about blacking out the chrome trim on the nose of the car yet, or messed with the exhaust (Sleighmans excellent Borla dual tip mod), for the same lame reasons noted above.

All my anxiety about ordering my ride with a DCT (brought on by a vicious conspiracy of other Focus owners relating their DCT woes in these forums) , has been for nought! My Focus was manufactured well after 8/12, and has the DCT update. My tranny operates fine in normal and sport modes (took a little review of the owners manual on my part); there’s a second of lag on take off as the clutches spool into engagement, but I’d have had that with a manual tranny. I’ve noticed the car will actually roll backwards or forwards on slopes when the gear selector is in D; due to the auto clutches being engaged; again simulating a manual transmission attribute.

The car is well built with no manufacturing/assembly defects I’ve noticed; the cruise control is the best I’ve ever had in a car (1 mile per hour increments & holds set speed great), the stock spkr AM/FM CD player is very nice (might add in a powered low profile sub woofer).

My nit picks? The ceiling hump (for sun glasses storage and houses the sun roof control) directly in front of the rear view mirror. [confused] WTF!! This may be a side effect of my being 6' 2". Good thinking Ford! At least I can see something in the lower two thirds of the mirror! And who the bleep decided to put the lock/unlock button for the doors in the middle of the dash?! Some refugee from the Aztek design team?! [vommit]

PS: If I hit the lottery tonight………………I’m buying a Boss 302 in Kona Blue! w00t!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Glad to hear you are having a good experience with the new Focus (and back in the US safely .)

There is a thread up here dealing with blacking out the chrome on the nose using vinyl from sign shops that looks like it works great.

The lock/unlock button in the center of the dash had me scratching my head for a while but once I got used to it, it seems fine and actually easier to take a swipe at when I want to let somebody in.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome home FlankerDFR! Thanks so much for your service to this country. May God bless you in everything you do!

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
plastidip the chrome

·
Registered
109 Posts
The center locking mechanism has been the trend with most European automakers for some time.

Who hasn't locked their keys in their car and been able to get the door open with a coat hanger because the button is right below the window? No can do with a central button.

Plus, to be honest, it just makes sense. Its a central locking system meaning that the button activates locks for the whole car. As such, why do you need several buttons around the vehicle?

My BMW had it so I am used to it. I kind of like it and hope they stick with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts