Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just purchased my Oxford White Focus ST ST1 yesterday. I'm loving it so far!

I started medical school 3 weeks ago and sold my beloved stage 2 Legacy GT 2 weeks prior to that. I needed a car from $22k and under that was reliable, practical, and fun to drive. It came down to this and the new 2015 2.5L Mazda3 6spd manual which just hit dealers this week. I like the 2015 WRX but they won't budge below $28k and the lack of a hatchback made this a better choice for me. I think I got a pretty good deal at $19,700 but I'm sure peope outside CA do a lot better. I had heard the Recaros can be uncomfortable and the base ST1 seats actually have a lot more bolstering than my LGT seats so I went for the base ST1 and I might add a sunroof later (if people have any experience with the dealer installed sunroof that would be much appreciated).

Also, I purchased the 5 year/60k maintenance plan for $1,800. I know these are mostly gimmicks, and I probably will cancel it this week. Does anyone have ideas on how much they have spent or will spend on maintenance for 60k? My usual oil changes are $60 and hopefully I won't need a new clutch until after 60k but other than that I don't see it being worth it. Maybe struts go out early on these things? Thanks, Nick

My legacy and the 5spd IS300 (my favorite) I had before that:

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Welcome to FF. Cool looking st you have. Let the mods begin!!! What is the scubbie putting down? & what mods?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to FF. Cool looking st you have. Let the mods begin!!! What is the scubbie putting down? & what mods?
Right before I sold her, she put down 249awhp/292tq with basically just a catless turbo-back, intake, and cobb OTS stage 2

My full list from legacygt.com:

Engine/Drivetrain:
Cobb AP Stage 2 ACN 91
SPT Intake
3" custom catback w/ SRS 3" inlet 4.5" burnt tip muffler & Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator w/ Grimmspeed Adapter Flange
Megan 3" Catless Downpipe
Gutted OEM Uppipe
AVO Throttle Body Hose
Short Shifter (brand unknown)
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
Exedy Lightweight Flywheel
TSK3 Kit

Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes:
O.Z. Racing Prodrive P1 18x7.5 Plastidipped Black
225/40ZR-18 Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum XL all-seasons
Swift Springs
KYB GR-2 Shocks
Whiteline Front Sway Bar
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar & adjustable endlinks (whiteline or avo?)
Larger drilled rotors (brand unknown)
Prothane Polyurethane Lower Control Arm Bushings

Exterior:
Hyper Yellow Foglight Bulbs
De-badged rear
Black plastidipped grille
LED license plate bulbs
Rear tint

Interior/Audio/Video:
Lilliput touch-screen monitor
VoomPC w/ Windows 7 & Bluetooth Mounted under trunk mat
JL-12 w/ amp & power inverter mounted behind rear seats
Bass fade switch under hood release
Infinity speakers (model unknown)
Backup camera
AUX & USB jack in center console w/ switch to flip between radio/cd, PC, and AUX audio inputs
Black leather swapped in w/ custom red stitching
White LED dome light
Ebay Chinese STI clutch and brake pedal covers
ARKON MAZ129 iPhone/Cobb AP Removable Air Vent Mount
Ebay Metal Ball Shiftknob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts