Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the whole Focus world but definatly not to cars. My wife convinced me about a month ago that we needed a wagon of some sort (2 kids is the issue) since I swore I wasn't getting a mini van and my EG civic just wasn't working as a family ride. So we picked up a 2001 se wagon for $2200, which proceeded to spit out it's heart 2 weeks later to the tune of $2350. Unfortunatly time is not on my side or I would have done a Zetec swap. As of right now I found some stock mesh wheels to throw on it (the car came with steelies) but I should be picking up some Euro SVT wheels in gold this weekend. I've also got projector headlights that need to be installed and have already ordered a bodykit for it, next I'll address suspension issues but not likely until after winter. Heres a pic when we got it, dirty as hell.

This is the kit I've ordered, and I have these lights already but they need to be painted.

And lasly this is the look I'm going for altogether, obviously not the car but the colour combo.

I'll keep you all updated as I go, although it most likely won't be super fast.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Now thats going to be a hot wagon!

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
nice wagon!! good luck with the mods!

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Very nice!!! I hope you make that thing look sweet....there are only a few nicely modded Wagons out there....

Welcome to FF

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcoming, I hope the car looks half as good in the end as the idea in my head LOL. I never thought our little wagon purchase would turn itno another project, but then againdon't they always turn into a project. I've got a line on a 2005 Zetec driveline aswell but that will probably sit in my basement over the winter even if I do get it.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
gonna be pimpin. lol. have fun modding. its a b---- for me. if one thing doesnt fit its another, if i order a part i get something different and have to wait for the right one to come in. this has been going on since july and have become impatient with things. lol oh well hopefully by the end of next month everything will be complete on my car.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Awesome! Welcome to teh forums! It's great you want to mod your wagon. Not to many of us do. It's not tough. at lkeast it wasn't for me. I love mine.
Hope things turn out great for you. [thumb]

Post some pics of your civic. [:)]

·
Registered
427 Posts
nice! It'll look pretty good with gold wheels and that body kit! Post some pics when you've done it!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
nice wagon, welcome to FF! hope everything goes well with it. and it should look pretty sweet after you install your parts. is that an SPI engine?

[welcome]

·
Registered
453 Posts
[welcome] to FF [ffrocks] and it always nice to see a wagon modded have fun....and keep us updated!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again for the warm welcome (always nice when your the new guy LOL). And yes it has the SPI engine in it. I would like to maybe swap in the Zetec because I have this laying around from an old project.

HAHAHAHA!

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
You have a procharger "laying around?" It's crap, throw it out... on my front porch. [hihi]

Oh and if you want it to look mean like that Subie, check into ST170 headlights. They would look soooooo good on white.

·
Registered
800 Posts
well while that zetec is just chillin in ur basement start fabing up a small boost turbo kit on it :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not a bad idea, there is a kit on here that was for sale but I haven't got word back from the owner wether he's willing to ship up here or not. There's another one local to me but seems way to expensive but I don't know the detail of parts that are included. Right now I'll be really happy if I can get the bodykit on and headlights (started prepping them today for paint) and throw the wheels on unlowered for now. The lowering will probably wait until after winter just in case we get the massive amount of snow like we did last winter.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Not a fan of that body kit, but I know they are harder to come by for the wagons. Gonna look a lot better once all is said and done! Any plans for performance?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts