Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought a 2005 Focus ZX3 SE with 264,000 miles with the idea of turning it into a Lemons race car. I'm new to Focus family and will be spending a bit of time reading up on maintenance, common problems, and inexpensive upgrades for stuff like suspension and brakes.

If there are any great resources besides the sticky posts, please let me know! I'm here to learn, and am interested in any information that might be helpful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Ford Focus SE ZX4 2.0L
13 Posts
I got my 2005 sx4 with 174k two months ago for 2,300k and between all the shit I've done to it I've probably spent another 700 or so, CAI, spark plugs, valve cover gasket, battery terminals, LED interior lights, new oil and wipers, AC recharge, restored the headlights, red racing stripes and a new antenna and I need an alignment as well, but haven't done anything suspension wise. Honestly the two ways to go is youtube or the manual, and the manual is more fun and old fashioned in my book.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my 2005 sx4 with 174k two months ago for 2,300k and between all the shit I've done to it I've probably spent another 700 or so, CAI, spark plugs, valve cover gasket, battery terminals, LED interior lights, new oil and wipers, AC recharge, restored the headlights, red racing stripes and a new antenna and I need an alignment as well, but haven't done anything suspension wise. Honestly the two ways to go is youtube or the manual, and the manual is more fun and old fashioned in my book.
Nice! I'm in it so far for $500, and the plan for Lemons racing is basically to get it safe and then gut it. If some power mods that the Lemons refs can't see happen to make their way into the engine bay... it's ok in my book lol

·
Registered
2005 Ford Focus SE ZX4 2.0L
13 Posts
Nice! I'm in it so far for $500, and the plan for Lemons racing is basically to get it safe and then gut it. If some power mods that the Lemons refs can't see happen to make their way into the engine bay... it's ok in my book lol
Hell yeah! Couple suspension mods and new tires and you can make that thing into a drift machine

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anyone confirm that this is the 2.3L Duratec? I think it is, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm looking to partner up with a 24 Hours of Lemons team of start a new team based on the Focus. I'm in San Diego. If interested in a joint venture and you're in the western third of the country let me know.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Spinbag, I did end up with a Lemons Team that runs this 2005 Ford Focus: Team Slowtus. I’m up in NorCal so it might be a little far too team up, but I’m happy to share any information that might be helpful!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Spinbag, I did end up with a Lemons Team that runs this 2005 Ford Focus: Team Slowtus. I’m up in NorCal so it might be a little far too team up, but I’m happy to share any information that might be helpful!
North Cal is okay. I work on line (very little) and have a Roadtrek camper van so I'm mobile. Are you racing at Sears Point this March?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts