Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2000 zts I cant say I liked it at first but it has grown on me. what are some quick tunes for the zetec motor I have a atx tranny which feels really weak. I am a father and trying to make bills so nothing exspensive just things to give it some more "kick"

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would go for a short ram intake and a Diablo chip.
The short ram will wake it up a bit and the chip should pep up the auto trans. That would be a good start and not too expensive.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Welcome to FF! Well honestly if you want some kick your going to have to pay some money. You can get a good tune from Tom (1Turobofocus) its around 400 shipped a believe. As for intakes noone really give any benefits. Our stoks sytems work well with a K&N filter. You could always look into a SVT header swap and a 2.5 flex and exhaust. but thats a lot of $$$

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got a jba shorty header and focus central ORP off ebay for like 150 to 160 for both and they worked really good together to give it some power

·
Registered
98 Posts
This won't really add any power, but removing the resonator from your airbox will make the car SOUND much better -- it will feel sportier to your "butt dyno" without being obnoxious (the resonator is the black box hanging off the airbox on the side nearest the driver's side fender). Cost: FREE.

Good how-to posted here:

http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/resonator.htm

You might want to try the Iceman intake mod as well -- very cheap, and it turns the resonator removal mod into a minor performance enhancement. Cost: About $5.

Link:

http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/ice-man-clone.htm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got an intake for it it looks like an ebay one the filter stick down by the front bumper. It seems to help a bit and sounds good. I am no stranger to tuning I havent had anything really of note but I am more looking for some cheap "tricks" Alotta things I can do myself. God the tranny feels so weak on this car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts