Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gots me a new 2.5" flex pipe from mandrelbendexhaust (trubenz) since my old one broke. The old one was a 2.25" pipe that tinmaddog was welding up for people a few years ago.

Anyhow, for $100 + shipping this is a darn nice part. Decent welds fast shipping, shiny [headbang]

I put it on this evening and I can't really say how it compares to the old one since it's been busted for so long. Techinically I would have to say it got quieter......but man I forgot how nice the ORP with the Borla exhaust can sound.

Here's the pic:

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Looks good man. Good price too. I was the first to have a 2.5" flex before they started selling these.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was just browsing for a cheap replacement on Ebay and came across this. I couldn't remember seeing them (of course I haven't been logging on regularly here so maybe everyone else already knew about them)

I thought, cheaper and 'better' than oem, why not ?

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I need to get one of those eventually. I have the 2.5" Borla kit from Trubendz, and that would make a good addition.

·
#MattinglyBuilt
3,111 Posts
ya so where can i get one? I look on ebay but idk which one fits my car. Im new to flexpipes on cars.. I always worked on trucks so its way different. i got a 2003 focus spi, with borla exhaust. idk wich one to buy

·
Registered
76 Posts
madrelbendexhuasts.com
trubendz is the main site.
I orded the 2.5 borla and 2.5 flex from them. definately worth it. do it yourself if you know ur stuff or get it installed by someone knowledgable.... mine had a few leaks. just be sure to weld em up.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya so where can i get one? I look on ebay but idk which one fits my car. Im new to flexpipes on cars.. I always worked on trucks so its way different. i got a 2003 focus spi, with borla exhaust. idk wich one to buy
Check Ebay auction # 230229968843

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
yeah with out a header what kind of difference would this open up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts