Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Parts (Post Here)

Hey everybody!

I know a bunch of you aren't into Carbon fiber splattered all over the car, but i just wanted to let you know about new carbon fiber OEM fenders for your focus. they're made by C-Wings and are distributed by GTP International @ www.importfan.com . The only thing that's wrong with them is the price. the regular price is $899 but through GTP, they are $599 for the pair. And no, i don't work for the GTP people, i'm just letting you guys know about new products i find.

Also new are PTWoody woody kits. however at this point, the kit does not come in WOOD. it comes in real CF and some color changing painted versions are available. the home page is at www.ptwoody.com but you can go directly to the focus section via this link: http://www.vwwoody.com/Products/ford_focus/index.htm

That's all until later folks!

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
personally, because a lot of oem parts are heavy, i'd get the carbon fiber fenders, and paint them silver...

and inline_engine_lover, what do you mean by "it's about freakin' time!"?

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Err. i just realized i sent an email to the GTP company months ago about the C-Wings side mirrors and ended up writing about parts that could be popular, among them, front fenders, the upper front grill, and some other things.

Sorry if you thought that this was a plug, but in truth i had forgotten all about the email.

EDIT: to find the fenders, there is an orange bar at the top of the screen. click the item that says "C-Wings parts". scroll down, and click page 4. the fenders should be located on the bottom of page 4.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I can understand the CF fenders, what with the slight weight-savings and all, but would you seriously do THIS to your Focus? I'm not liking this look:

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah me neither, but of course somebody here might like it, so i posted it.

However, do you like the fenders?

Also, there's a lot of other Focus stuff on the import fan website. And C-Wings just released a JZA80 supra body kit in full yellow kevlar. if you have a yellow car, and want carbon fiber look but not the black, then email [email protected] (r&D dude) saying you'd like something like that, also available in full silver kevlar. I have a silver car, but i don't think having black fenders would be cool... Silver carbon fenders on the other hand...

check out the kevlar pics in my gallery. the yellow car is a Supra, the silver one is a Honda S2000.

Gthang

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
gthang said:
However, do you like the fenders?
Gthang
Yeah, but that seems like a lot to spend for a few pounds of weight taken off - plus if I got them I would have them painted to match the car, which adds weight back on, and of course, no one would be able to tell you spent a zillion bucks on carbon fiber fenders. Not worth it IMO. They look well-made, though.

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey inquire to the email address in my previous post asking about kevlar fenders in the color of your car!

Cheers

Gthang

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NOTE: Replying so people can find this thread alerting of new products,

TO ADmin: Can you guys change the title of this thread to "New Products!"? Because i was thinking we could make this a sticky to post recently released products for all Foci. As i said before GTP International just released carbon fiber front fenders for all Foci. Also PTWoody.com just released a Carbon fiber woody kit. These as well as the Cervini's body kit and the still-under-development Tsunami body kit (front bumper just released> are also new. Keep posting new products and links to their product page. Let's keep this "new" thread alive!

How about it everybody?

Gthang

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New products coming soon:

Aerogear body kit for sedan Focus (www.aerogear.net )
Aerogear 2nd Generation fenders (currently searching for car in San Fran Bay area for test fitment)

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
bah i want a CF hatch door, they should make a CF single fornt piece, you know the hood fenders and all that raises forward, then it would be worth the weight, but i dont see that working too well on the focus

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey llama, email the R&D Dude about making CF versions of your Widebody fenders. depending on the color of your car, you can also ask him if he can make them with kevlar colors like red, blue, yellow, green, orange, etc. check out the examples i posted earlier.

Hey do you guys remember the Yellow EVO focus with the carbon fiber FiberImages hood? Well i have pictures of him with a carbon fiber version of the evo kit, but the bastards at fiberimages have not updated their website since the release of their focus hood, way back in 2001 i believe.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
so he may make a fender with flares just built into it!?! that would be SOOOOOO bad ass! what do you think that would cost? i am VERY interested in it!

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, months ago, i found the carbon fiber JGTC style mirrors they sell for the focus, and i emailed him about them and also mentioned parts that i believed would be very popular among the focus crowd. among those were a carbon hatch/trunk lid, fenders, and a body kit (mostly the new Rallye Sport body work on the recent winner of two straight rallies). i guess he took it to heart, and months later, here are the fenders... but because it takes months to do production, i forgot all about the email, until the fenders came out... So your welcome!

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New parts...

Skunk2 (www.skunk2.com)
Lowering springs $tbd
Oil cap Thread pitch = M33 x 2.8 $51
Oil Cap thread pitch = M37 x 2.5 $51
Shift knobs $61.67

For the oil caps, and shift knobs, what are the thread pitches, if known?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts