Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I need your opinion. I am saving up to go turbo and I have about a grand saved up so far and I was really thinking about splurging on this:

What do you think? I really love the hood, but then again should I wait till after the turbo?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
How much is that one?

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
depends on what you want out of the car.

personally I would rather have "go" than "show"

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Go Seibon Carbon OEM hood then.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
If I had that much saved up already I'd be kicking myself later if I blew more than half of it on a hood.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Screw the CF hood... Straight sleeper.. Worried about weight? Tear apart the trunk interior liner.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
i love that hood. the one place i saw it for sale doesnt sell them any longer

·
Registered
113 Posts
The vented VIS hood is similar. But yea I like that one too. Def lighter, and venting a bit of ambient heat isn't a bad thing. But if its between the hood and the turbo, do turbo 1st. Then you will have a good excuse to get a heat extractor hood, with all that hot turbo piping in there.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The vented VIS hood is similar. But yea I like that one too. Def lighter, and venting a bit of ambient heat isn't a bad thing. But if its between the hood and the turbo, do turbo 1st. Then you will have a good excuse to get a heat extractor hood, with all that hot turbo piping in there.
Hahaha very true.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. Def going turbo first.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Go Seibon Carbon OEM hood then.
Go CF paint and paint it, the CF is about the same price and if you can find the Seibon SC it has a hood scoop that will make the engine run cooler.

Hahaha very true.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. Def going turbo first.
But I agree Turbo first, then other stuff

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Go CF paint and paint it, the CF is about the same price and if you can find the Seibon SC it has a hood scoop that will make the engine run cooler.

But I agree Turbo first, then other stuff
I've been thinking about the siebon for a while but I found this and I like this more. I would like to see more pictures of the extractor holes on the rksport one though, I haven't been able to find any pictures of the vents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts