Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I havent done anything externally to the car in a while and there are some new ideas I have for what I want to do. Tell me what you think..

-cover the front lip spoiler in simulation CF vinyl wrap.. it was damaged and i dont feel like fixing and painting again for the 3rd time. with the vinyl i should be able to cover it all up and have it look pretty good.
-get PRO DTM sideskirts and cover them in CF vinyl wrap.. basically to go with the front lip in the CF vinyl.
-Get an EVO VIII rear wing. Should be a simple install from what I've seen. if it is too wide (it would only be an inch at most) then i will cut the wing down the center and skinny it up to fit. I'll paint the sides red to match the car and the horizontal part/insides of the sides will be wrapped in CF vinyl.
-Tint the taillights

After all of these things I think I will be done with the exterior of the car for a while, other than possibly cutting a hole in the hood for the hood scoop to actually do something other than look good.. lol. And I'll save money for painting by doing the vinyl.

Everything should keep to the black/red theme i have with the car right now. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
900 Posts
simulation CF vinyl wrap...[nono]...it will look cheap and it's kind of ricey...maybe if you paint it black instead...your car looks great already but if you were to do it just do what you are planning on doing but instead of the wrap use black paint. it will look 100 times better...trust me.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
The only thing I know with vinyl wrap is that it show's every imperfection underneath it. I tried it in my interior and even little dust fragments showed up.

Not trying to deter you, but I would check into the wrap first, or try to get a sample, because I don't think it would help in covering up any damage you had. Unless you wanted to try to repair it and then cover it, so you wouldn't have to paint it.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Do the spoiler first and do it now so we can see what it looks like!!! lol

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone know where i can get color matched red vinyl?

and the front lip spoiler is kind of damaged but not bad. it wont look perfect, but it will look better than it is now, with the vinyl over it.. lol.

and i plan on doing the spoiler very soon lol.

·
Registered
733 Posts
if you go to a shop that does vinyl lettering and stuff they should be able to match you up pretty close

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
do the damned spoiler yesterday!

·
Registered
149 Posts
the evo spoiler would be awesome! my buddy had a gray jetta turbo gls that he put one on and it looked great! and it was the CF one =]

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just looked at the pictures of your car again and honestly it just looks damn good the way it is now.The only thing i seen i would change is to add a shorty Antenna the rest of the car looks clean and well done to me.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
i would get a sample of the cf wrap. chances are it could be okay, but if need a place to get something like that u can go 2 rvinyl.com. and how would it look ricey first of all? when done right, its very hard to notice the difference.

·
I'm Back!
2,304 Posts
I'll have to see the finshed product, I am a fan of real CF, just so pricy!

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'll have to see the finshed product, I am a fan of real CF, just so pricy!
i agree...to me the fake CF is ricey..but it isn't my car so if it makes you happy then go for it [thumb]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts