Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into getting a nice cat back exhaust system on my 2002 SVT focus, to eliminate my CAT. replacement pipe, with the cheater O2 holders, and was wondering if i could get some advise on what to get. I'm thinking of going with a Borla cat back system, but Im not sure if theres better for cheeper or if this is a good choice. i want it to sound nice and deep through all range of RPM and 1-6 shift, instead of high and "fart can", like sound it has now. any advise and directions twards a good system would be great. thanks
[???:)] [:)]

·
Registered
618 Posts
I think price and quality wise, go with tru-benz. They can either do a borla or magnaflow muffler with their piping. It is less expensive than going with a full borla or magna flow since you are paying for the name. Get the same sound for less. Also, I hear the tru-benz welds are better.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill check it out, thanks

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
Definitely go with the 2.5" trubendz borla.
What he said. It sounds good.

Somebody else was looking into this in the zetec thread and I said i'd try to take a video/sound clip of mine tonight if I remember to and i'll post it here aswell

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Heres a video of the 2.5 TruBenz Borla... and my AEM SRI which is for sale./.

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
cool. Wug made a sound clip. i totally forgot to last night

·
Registered
784 Posts
I've got a slightly different question. What is the lightest aftermarket exhaust for the SVT? These aftermarket exhausts don't really add much power and are mostly for sound, but if I can loose some weight (10-20 pounds over stock) it might just be worth getting one.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
borla welds are kinda iffy on the muffler, well at least the one i got for my center exhaust

i love it

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I installed mine last week. Just a few little issues to install. I took my time. I kept the stock resonator at the front. I will get rid of it later.

wordyahurdd- do you have a side view so I can look at the black wheels. I am trying to decide if I want to do this or not. I really like it. What brand of paint did you use?
Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
which down pipe headers do you have for your exhaust, and is it a full cat back?

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I've got a slightly different question. What is the lightest aftermarket exhaust for the SVT? These aftermarket exhausts don't really add much power and are mostly for sound, but if I can loose some weight (10-20 pounds over stock) it might just be worth getting one.
So you want a 2 pound exhaust system.. BUUUHHH not worth it... get a ORP or HFC and that will be 1238471293874012837401298374 times better... If your concern that much about weight, gut the car..

·
Registered
784 Posts
So you want a 2 pound exhaust system.. BUUUHHH not worth it... get a ORP or HFC and that will be 1238471293874012837401298374 times better... If your concern that much about weight, gut the car..
What I mean is that none of these exhausts give enough performance over stock to be worth buying. However if one of these was much lighter than stock then it just might be worth getting.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
i am very happy with my Trubendz 2.5" SS setup.. I got the Borla muffler and magnaflow resonator. I run an ORP, and this exhaust was a huge improvement from stock. the 2500-3000 rpm rasp is much more manageable, the low end sounds great, and the high end sounds aawwwesome!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Don't care for the Borla myself. I loved my MBRP though...nice sound, but not loud enough to be annoying. Getting another one for my wife's ST.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts