Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Of course, this post just begs for a "What happened" repsonse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, wut happend was.............i was gettin on it against a civic.............went to slam it into 3rd and being an ass missed it and went into second.....pulled it out quick everything was fine..............a few mninutes later the car shuts off while movin i start it bsakc up and continue driving..................shuts off again does this botu 3 times, pull in my driveway shut off again and will not start. went to ford i bent 2 or the connecting rods somehow.............not coverd under warrenty becuase i was putting nitrous on it and didnt finish i have the lines ran but no switch installed yet and they are being retarded and say it broke uz i had 2 have sprayed nitrous cuz they sawa the line but i never eve had it fully installed yet and the want 5,860$ to fix it so i was hopin 2 find a motor on here and do it myself

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
THat's what you get for street racing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There's no way you'd bend two rods by missing a shift and over-revving it...unless you beat the hell out of the engine constantly and they were already on their way to failing. It was most likely a defect from the factory, probably exacerbated by hard driving but it would've likely failed anyway. Get the dealer to tear the engine down so you can prove you didn't spray - the Roush's come plumbed for nitrous and are covered by warranty...until you spray of course. [:D]

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
(Connecting) Rod don't bend.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Tell them to take the head off and look at the pistons. They'll be able to tell if you were spraying or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they did tear the motor down and i nkow that they have 2 knwo i didnt spray, also yea i was a lil hard on the car b4 it broke but i see ppl absolutley beating the hell out of civis and stuff and they dotn break, but any way im agreeing with deffect cuz they is no way it should have broke.................they jus do not want 2 pay for it i guess

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It seems to me we just have a lot of abusive drivers.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Abusive has in lack of maintence or skill? please elaborate alittle more. I dog my zetec almost daily no problem (though I am on my second motor but that one went for a different reason than dogging it all the time)

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I know of only one that is not from abuse, where the engine skipped timing.

The rest:
Miss shifting and over-reving = Owner Mistake
Loss of oil from faulty sensor installation = Owner Mistake (that one is me)
Oil starvation from failing to re-install oil pickup from BSD install = Owner Mistake
Driving into too deep of water = Owner Mistake
Incorrectly installing a UDP = Owner Mistake

None of those are by fault of Ford or the Duratec engine design.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I missed a few shifts I have overeved....well over rev in that you mean down shift into second at say 74mph then no I have'nt done that. Well you got all good points owner mistakes. Skipped timming now thats a scary thought. Oh I had the incorectly install stock pulley the previuos owner had UD installed and when he sold the car put back on the stock stuf but failed to TQ the crank pulley down needless to say after like 40,000mi later after I had the bolt backed off pulley woobled destroyed end of the crank shaft not to mention made it knock on cyl.3. wow you know I guess you could say that almost everymotor blowing up was cause by the owner or previuos owner ah who would have thunk it [:p]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
He doesn't make much sense in his post, so my guess is he either missed going from 2 to 3, and ended up in 1st at 60, or from 3 to 4, and ended up in 2nd doing about 90. Both will send your engine well past 10,000 RPM if done right (or wrong, depending out how you want to phrase it)

·
Registered
930 Posts
I imagine those are the RPMs on a stock valvetrain where the valves meet the pistons, even while in time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts