Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from my auto repair shop, and was informed that the engine in my car was toast. I was just wondering what a SPI engine would run, or if I would be better off to just try to sell the thing. Its got 96k miles on it right now. Trade-in value is 3500 on it. I hate to put the bucks into an engine that would cost more than the car. Any ideas? I had also thought if I do go with replacing the engine, putting a DOHC in. What would this involve?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^

Great advice, now about your SPI to zetec idea it would involve a new tranny, engine, comp, and if you have a auto you will need all the neccasary components to fit the manual if thats what you want.

Jon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, I'll probably just forget the zetec idea, just too much involved. If I was to sell this car, as is, what could I expect to get out of it? Im trying to cover all the bases, see what would be the best option. There is a Ford truck that Im wanting to buy, so I was thinking of a way to get this car off my hands, but Im afraid the shape its in now, Im not going to come out very good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, Ive decided to just drop a used engine in it. I found one with 23k miles on it, labor, engine, all parts, for 1900. Cheaper than buying a new vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts