Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just found out that the headgasket is blown, the timing pin wont come out of the motor ( happened while trying to replace the timing belt,) and one of the water pump bolts snapped inside the engine block. :/

So i have been told a new engine is in need, or would be the better option.

Does anyone know where I can get a new complete engine assembly for a descent price? I know a while ago they had them on eBay for like $800!
Any help is very appreciated!

·
Registered
636 Posts
you can get them used on here for 200 bucks in working condition...get your pin back...turn the crank slightly away from the pin and unscrew it by hand or if need be I believe most have a place for a hex key. good luck.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i can find one around that price that would be amazing, i keep an eye out.
The tool kit I bough has no place for a hex key, I think it went in too deep past the thread part on the pin and now it won't catch on to come out or its bent? It just sound like its hitting something when I try backing it out. Plus the coolant on the plugs isn't good either...

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
The timing pin is probably bent. Did you forget it was in and try to turn over the engine? If you drop the oil pan, you can cut the bent part of the pin off and remove the pin. As for the water pump bolt, easy. Remove the pass side engine mount and lower the engine so you can access the water pump. Drill a small hole in the leftover bolt and use an ez out to remove the bolt from the housing. Put a new head gasket on it and you're back on the road.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't crank the engine but i was rotating the engine to get it to TDC. I thnk I might have rotated it too much. I dont want to make it any worse, so im just gonna take it into a shop. Is a headgaskey pretty pricey to get replaced? If i have a shop do it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found one for $400 with 24,000 miles, its been sitting for 10 years lol. I'm going to go pick that one up but is it a good idea to get a engine gasket kit?

Pick n pull never answer the phone lol and the other junk yard in fresno doesn't keep an invintory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts