Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new to the US company that has engine mounts for the ZX3 and the SVT , A good customer of mine has been running them on his Rally car and these are the only ones he has not broke and he has tried about all of them

They just started in the US with there line

http://www.vibra-technics.com/ford/focus_98_04_zx3_rs_st_svt

I snickered when I read on his competition mounts "for competition use where loads are higher and comfort is low prioity! " LOL

Tom

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
kind of pricey compared to VF or steeda, but those look well made

^^ the transmission mount and dogbone should fit the dura, I have a steeda upper tranny mount on mine and I had to switch to a smaller battery. it doesnt look like thatd be the case with these

more parts for our cars = always good! hope people buy these

·
FF Affiliate
31,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they are more costly but he broke both the VF and steeda and hasent broke these yet
Take the cost of going to a rally and getting a DNF and the cost of the mount he trashed and lost and these are cheap LOL

These must fit the Duratec as well because 2 of my Focus Rally customers have them on there Duratec

Tom

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
very good looking products there. its the most funky looking dogbone mount ive seen so far but everything looks like quality. if i ever break one of my VF mounts ill be replacing them with these. bookmarked.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Well I will tell you what. If the Passenger side , is strong and doesnt vibrate like the VF urethane does, i will be getting one. I am running the VF Driver side and dog bone. But I cant stand it when all 3 are in. It vibrates so bad, that i cant see out the rear view mirror. So right now I have the stock Passenger side mount in, with an Ingalls stiffy. So far it has held up. But the HP is on the rise...

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Well I will tell you what. If the Passenger side , is strong and doesnt vibrate like the VF urethane does, i will be getting one. I am running the VF Driver side and dog bone. But I cant stand it when all 3 are in. It vibrates so bad, that i cant see out the rear view mirror. So right now I have the stock Passenger side mount in, with an Ingalls stiffy. So far it has held up. But the HP is on the rise...

[scratch] You realize that it's the stiffer mounts making everything vibrate right??? Adding these (or switching out) will only make the vibration worse. If you want less vibration, go back to a stock car.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
[scratch] you realize that it's the stiffer mounts making everything vibrate right??? Adding these (or switching out) will only make the vibration worse. If you want less vibration, go back to a stock car.
really !! The road mounts look like stiffer rubber. Maybe not as bad as urethane ! And I am sure my car would destroy the stock mounts. But the passenger side is holding on for dear life with the Ingalls... go back to a stock car.. You have to be shi--in me !

QUOTE : It reduces engine movement in all directions but in "fast road" compound still isolates a significant amount of noise and vibration.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Would you really want to make the engine torque mount skinner though? Looks like it would snap like a tooth pick under high torque?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts