Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just swapped my blown zetec for a used engine from a junkyard...everything in and ready to go..now it wont start..im getting no spark at all i have double checked the wire a million times..anyone have any ideas what this could be cause by??ohh yea i did get this code to come up while trying to start it P0320 - Ignition Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction The ignition engine speed sensor input signal to PCM is continuously monitored. The test fails when the signal indicates that two successive erratic profile ignition pickup (PIP) pulses have occurred. Loose wires/connectors. Arcing secondary ignition components (coil, wires and plugs) On board transmitter (2-way radio) The DTC indicates that two successive erratic PIP pulses occurred.

·
Registered
248 Posts
well i had a similar problem.....might be able to help....but here it goes...depends on what tranny u r runing....say u have a MTX-75 and the motor you got was off a auto there is a bracket that needs to transfer with the crank case sensor ...the crank sensore has a magnet that is supposed to catch on a another magnet inside the tranny and without the bracket the magnet will be too far apart and will cause no spark.....happened to me...hope it helps and i hope u understand it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts