Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 15,000 I've been putting up with an ANNOYING clunk from my front end. I brought it up to my stealership when it first happened but they told me it was "normal". Finally, after perusing these forums, I got the idea that my endlinks were dumpster food and, after inspection and replacement they became dumpster food.

I replaced them with endlinks from Moog and the new endlinks were about 1000% stronger and better built than the OEM endlinks.

They were pretty easy to install and once done, no more clunk. The only issue I had was I noticed my keychain banging against my steering column.

If you've got a clunk and few tools and a little time, go Moog yourself.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
I just got a quote from a dealer to replace these, I could easily do it myself, but laying on the ground in the street in Chicago doesn't really seem very enjoyable. They are quoting me $160 installed, which sucks, what do you think? My passenger side end link is dunzo right now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
you go go Moog yourself buddy j/k
i had the same problem and changed mine but it didnt fix it so i put my car on the hoist at work and found that my sway bar moved to the drivers side alittle and was hitting the frame.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
He's installing MOOG mounts, so that's cool, I just don't want to lay in the snow in the street to fix them, and I just got a bonus and work, so I am just having him do it.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I just got a quote from a dealer to replace these, I could easily do it myself, but laying on the ground in the street in Chicago doesn't really seem very enjoyable. They are quoting me $160 installed, which sucks, what do you think? My passenger side end link is dunzo right now.
I'd buy the MOOG end links and get installation prices from an independent mechanic. And you don't really need to get "under" the car to replace them, you should be able to do it by simply removing the wheel and while on a jack stand from the side of the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have an svt, but I just replaced both of mine up front for my zx3. No more
clunking sound and way better than oem and they even have grease zurks. I got the
duralast brand from autozone..$12 a side.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I did the replacement of both sides earlier this week. It took maybe 30 minutes per side, including taking the tire on and off. Spray some rust penetrating spray on the bolts before you begin...it makes things a lot easier.

The steering seems more solid now. However, I still have an occasional 'clunk' in the right front. Not sure where to look next?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Where did you guys pick up the MOOG mounts from? I'd like to possibly look into these to install with the Energy kit I picked up soon....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Where did you guys pick up the MOOG mounts from? I'd like to possibly look into these to install with the Energy kit I picked up soon....
You can get them at NAPA, Advance Auto Parts or Autozone. Anyplace that carries quality suspension components will stock Moog.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yeah, i get them for about $11.85 each.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Last year, didn't pass inspection because of end links, put Ford parts in, next time Ill get the MOOG! Cheaper than dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts