Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got my new Ford Edge rear wiper along with some other stuff from Mike at Hilbish Ford. Thanks for hooking us up Mike!

Sorry that you can't really see it.
[slap]

ok, so onward. My buddy Rob came over Saturday to help me install some new parts. He took some pics of the progress. I started around 930am and we finished around 330-4am Sunday. We stopped for dinner.

Maybe you can guess what I installed.

All jacked up and ready to go

What the heck is all this crap?

yay, new injectors!

Then, taking out my Cosworth intake

Hey, what's this? Some sort of a cast iron manifold?

Yay, bewst.

Modifying a wrench

Pulled the front clip off to get the intercooler on

I think I'm delirious at this point; it's around 3am

Finally finished for the night....

Got it tuned the next day at FocusSport. The graphs show the before/after. 222whp/ 214trq. Car pulls really well. It's a ton of fun!

Yesterday I went to my buddy's shop and got my RS rims mounted.

Front end pic:

And some interior shots

New wideband:

Ended up installing another Sparco

hope you guys enjoyed the pics!

more to come in the near future...

[deviltail]

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
your car is god [pray]

what suspension you got and what turbo setup you got

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
The car looks great. You on the other hand look like ass, I'm sure it was worth it.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Now that front bumper doesn't look so empty.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I hate you so much.

Your car looks great and now is fast.

You sir suck. [thumb]

BTW How bad was the install?

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for all the props guys!

It's the GT28RS turbo. I'm running Eibach sportline springs. Rear fenders are rolled. Haven't noticed any rubbing issues, but I haven't done any really hard cornering yet either.

The turbo kit was a pretty straight-forward install; it comes with instructions as well as some pictures to help you along. You'll need strong drill bits, a good power drill, and a grinder along with the normal sockets and wrenches used to work on these cars.

And yes, it was Ja Rule in his infinite wisdom that said that quote. Probably the stupidest line in the movie. [chair]

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Great work - and it looks like fun. But I gotta tell ya, the other wheels went better with your car...

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Wow, that is just insanely badass dude. Turbo is so awsome.
The RS wheels work perfectly on your car, and the sparco seats look amazing.
Are those seats comfy for daily driving? Which model of sparco's are they?
The only thing I can see that could use improvement now is the brakes.
Svt brake swap would take it up another notch. Keep up the amazing work man. I love it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
question for syz is that the full f2 body kit or did u use different components from different bodykits..i know the front bumber is but the back one...i dont know ....?

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, that is just insanely badass dude. Turbo is so awsome.
The RS wheels work perfectly on your car, and the sparco seats look amazing.
Are those seats comfy for daily driving? Which model of sparco's are they?
The only thing I can see that could use improvement now is the brakes.
Svt brake swap would take it up another notch. Keep up the amazing work man. I love it.

thanks man.

they're the Sparco Fighter seats. Ok for short distances or if you have a large cushy bum, then it's ok. For longer distances, they can get somewhat uncomfortable since there's not a lot of padding in the seat bottom. But they're extremely light weight (16 lbs) and have good support, which is why I chose them.

Brakes are the very next thing on the agenda. I am torn between SVT fronts or some larger Wilwoods. I would like to be able to throw some drag radials on there and I'm afraid if I go with anything larger than SVT calipers, I won't be able to fit drag radial rims. But I'll definitely do at least SVTs in the rear and possibly in the front, if not something better. [thumb]

focus_evolution, the body kit is a F2 front bumper, Kaminari skirts, and a Ford SAP rear bumper. I'm planning to change out the rear with something else though... [shhh]

1 - 20 of 48 Posts