Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
So, I just got a 08 Ford with a Duratec, but it's not a focus, it's a manual Escape. I was looking for a Ford that is manual trans, good mpg, and with enough room and the Escape was perfect. One selling point was the fact that the Duratec motor has a large aftermarket and I will be able to mod the truck with the basic info. you guys have found out with the Focus. I'm not going to do anything big until I have a warranty for a little while longer but a turbo is in the future. Right now I'm happy with the stock 30mpg.

I hope you guys will adopt me as your bastard child because there are not many Escape performance forums. Also, does anybody know if there are any differences between the Escape 2.3 and the Focus 2.3/2.0? Also, anybody have the info. on the Escape's manual trans? Thanks!

Pics:

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e2wm6xr2.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e4vo4eb7.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so.... I dont plan on doing any crazy hp. This will be the first time with a turbo for me. I use to race a 91 stang with a 347 stroker.

Pics added.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Looks pretty sick. Not sure on the differences but the main is prob the engine compartment. Yours is most likely bigger...but then again, I really don't know.

And welcome![welcome]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was born in new berlin man. just wondering whats your last name?
Goldberg.... I went to West Allis Hale

Looks pretty sick. Not sure on the differences but the main is prob the engine compartment. Yours is most likely bigger...but then again, I really don't know.

And welcome![welcome]
Yeah, the engine compartment in the Escape is huge. There is a ton of room behind the motor where the turbo will be. A CAI will have to be custom made but I think other stuff will bolt up, even a header... but I'll build my own so the turbo is in the correct spot.

Like I said, right now it's all talk until I'm sure I dont have a lemon and that I wont need my warranty. the truck only has 4,000 miles as of right now. Also, I really need to know how much power the trans can handle and also the size of the rear coil springs so I can lower the back a 1.5'' to even the truck out. Also, I'd like to remove the Escape emblems and paint the grill and side steps black.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
ya i have a friend that lives over there an is a sale's rep at B&M auto (also going to be future owner) his name was jeff an he just bought a new truck (some people call SUV's trucks) an i thought is was you.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Turbo on a SUV? should be interesting.
what...? the CX-7 has a turbo, even if it's considered a crossover [hihi] but still, it would be interesting.....

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
ah sweet! I forgot the escapes changed again...... that looks awesome! (P.S. I'm thinking about swapping my SPI for a Duratec 2.3L and turboing it [:D])

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
LoL, yeah.... the cx-7, Jeep SRT-8, lighting, etc. are real death traps.
yeah yeah that's true though.... just don't take any turns at 90, lol. cause it's real easy to get there...

·
Registered
66 Posts
thats cool i always wondered y there arent many trucks or suv's at least to my knowledge here in the US that are turbo...down in central america over half the trucks/suvs are turbo from factory. Toyota, Isuzu for example.

google Toyota Land Cruiser Prado if you like to know more...awesome SUV.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thats cool i always wondered y there arent many trucks or suv's at least to my knowledge here in the US that are turbo...down in central america over half the trucks/suvs are turbo from factory. Toyota, Isuzu for example.

google Toyota Land Cruiser Prado if you like to know more...awesome SUV.
Thats because in south america they have been paying over $5 a gallon for 15+ years. All their trucks and SUVs come with dinky weak engines, or diesels and they need a turbo to get out of their own way. Even fairly large trucks over there (Argentina at least where I used to live) come with relatively small 4 cyl engines most of the time, and would not be able to work like a truck without a little boost.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys. As of right now the grill is going from Chrome to Black. Like I said, the turbo wont be for a while. I would like to make sure I dont need the warranty before I go and void it. I'll stick around the forums to learn as much as I can until then.

Next mod, 1''-1.5'' lower rear springs

1 - 20 of 23 Posts