Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to replace pass side rear bearing, so I bought off amazon - drums with bearings already pressed in and new shoes. Now when braking I can hear a clunking noise when braking(everyytime) and slows down with car speed. I've pulled each side off 3 times to check - can't find any sign of a poss problem
2006 zx3 se

Any ideas greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You could jack it up to spin the rear wheels, then progressively apply the E-Brake or have an assistant do the same to the foot brake as you spin them. Whichever starts intermittently grabbing would be the one to check closer.

Were front & rear shoes identified & matched with the old ones when doing the replacement? I'm assuming the Focus uses that normal difference, and the metal portion is usually the same so they'll fit interchangeably.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imam Dumass
Drove a bit using the park brake to brake car thinking I could isolate the front from rear brakes in case the noise was from the front and transferring to the rear. Well, no more noise

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Well Sheet, got it all settled in the easy way...

Had to throw out something for guesses to help you get unstuck, they aren't always the answers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts