Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the car lot I got my SVT from came throught today, and are installing a new LUK clutch kit and the CFM tranny mount ' dogbone '

I'll take a picture of it tonight and post -

Apparently the rubber mount on the frame ripped out. Major !bAnG! hitting sharp bumps, especially right front, as reported many times.

Really looking forward to give it a proper flogging!!!

-TommyTooHi

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
congrats. Remember to break it in first
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, gee~

yeah, that feels better!

The new lower mount (with "high durometer polyurethane inserts") fixed more than I imagined.

I do feel the pistons topping out as I'm easing the clutch out from a stop, but then no more vibes.
Given the nature of this car, I'd say Ford screwed up with their wambly rubber mount.

Bad dog, no bone.

-TooHi

(still no pic, but I'll work on it in my spare time)
Oh- I had them refill the trans with Royal Purple SynchroMax, so I'm a happy camper

·
Registered
84 Posts
Props on use of the word 'wambly.' The engine mount (pass side) can cause a bottoming out feeling on that side, but it is really the motor 'bottoming out' on the mount. Parts store replacement mounts suck, BTW. I am on #2 from O'Reilly, and need to replace it again. Hopefully they will give me a refund on the POS they sold me and I will get a urethane mount like I should have the first time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Props on use of the word 'wambly.'
heehee

another one I use that I heard a LOT watching the Athens World Rally over the weekend:

SLIPPY

That's rally-notes-speak for...

what the road was like right before they flipped and rolled.

-TooHi

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bedding in the clutch

Ok, I'll add one more post to my posts (don't ya hate those kind of people?)

From what I've read, to extend the life of a new clutch take it easy - clean shifts, no more oomph than what it takes to get the car going (without any more slippage in 1st than necessary);

keep yer foot off the damn pedal;
shift a LOT;
repeat for as much as 500 miles.

So far, so good... it's tough to resist, but another replacement is not something I want to do for a LONG time!!!

-TooHi

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
That's great!

[lockdance]
So, the car lot I got my SVT from came through today, and are installing a new LUK clutch kit and the CFM tranny mount ' dogbone '

I'll take a picture of it tonight and post -

Apparently the rubber mount on the frame ripped out. Major !bAnG! hitting sharp bumps, especially right front, as reported many times.

Really looking forward to give it a proper flogging!!!

-TommyTooHi
That's awesome they took care of you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts