Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
From the first article, from a Ford mechanical expert:

... "I told one friend if he loved his stepdaughter, he'd get her out of that Fiesta as quick as possible," one of the company's mechanical experts said on Nov. 25. "I wouldn't put my kid in one of those cars." ...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The wheels of justice are still turning and insiders are starting to speak out. Not looking good for Ford so hopefully something will eventually happen that will help all affected by this failure.

https://www.freep.com/in-depth/money/cars/ford/2019/12/05/ford-focus-fiesta-dps-6-transmission-problems/4243091002/
It has been a long sad road for focus dual clutch owners. It started years ago with denials from Ford, memos telling you that you were driving it wrong and several prominent posters here at this forum saying that others here were exaggerating . As the years went on, and hundreds of posts piled up here with more and more people getting jacked around by Ford, the defenders faded. The simple truth since 2012 is Ford made a huge mistake attempting to build a dry dual clutch, then didn't man up to their mistake , cost hundreds of users time off work and hard-earned cash and now they are paying the price. I think some people at this forum didn't understand that the big corporations are only out for themselves. Long, Long gone are the Ford customer service reps who used to be here, helping everyone "escalate" their case. Also long gone is the Ford Focus facebook page because so many people were reporting these problems publicly on facebook.

Reactions: zacautomotive

·
Registered
24 Posts
NTSB has ruled it is not a safety problem and will not issue a recall, it will have to go thru the courts, so figure another 3-5 years, & this does not include the last 3 years of production.

·
Registered
520 Posts
NTSB has ruled it is not a safety problem and will not issue a recall, it will have to go thru the courts, so figure another 3-5 years, & this does not include the last 3 years of production.
I'll make it a problem after my trans dies out on me and makes the focus crash into the Ford building.

Disclaimer: I actually have a 6-spd manual.....

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am about to wrap up my DPS6 to MTX75 swap and took it out for the first test drive this morning. Oh, what a difference. I'm going to be glad to be rid of this bad transmission. Anyone want a DPS6 for a boat anchor? Also, if anyone is contemplating such a swap and has any questions about the various ways to do it or any specifics on the work, having just done it, everything is fresh in my mind so I'd be happy to answer any questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts