Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who had some hope that the short term extension of 14M01 stemming from the Detroit Free Press article, things are not looking good. Ford kind of did this under the radar to the extent that many dealers had now idea about it and furthermore, the additional instructions that were to come out after the week ended never materialized.

See this new article from Detroit Free Press. Their continued coverage should keep the heat on and maybe this thing will get turned around in favor of the consumers. As you can read in the article, that isn't happening yet.

The other thing that will help is for everyone affected to file a NHTSA complaint here:

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Provide as much detail as possible, including a detailed description of behavior and any service you've had to have done as a result (I uploaded pdfs of my invoices). You will need to have your VIN handy to fill out the online form.

·
Registered
202 Posts
For those of us who had some hope that the short term extension of 14M01 stemming from the Detroit Free Press article, things are not looking good. Ford kind of did this under the radar to the extent that many dealers had now idea about it and furthermore, the additional instructions that were to come out after the week ended never materialized.

See this new article from Detroit Free Press. Their continued coverage should keep the heat on and maybe this thing will get turned around in favor of the consumers. As you can read in the article, that isn't happening yet.

The other thing that will help is for everyone affected to file a NHTSA complaint here:

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Provide as much detail as possible, including a detailed description of behavior and any service you've had to have done as a result (I uploaded pdfs of my invoices). You will need to have your VIN handy to fill out the online form.
I hope that DFP keep up the pressure and also that the fact Ford offered an open 'fix it' week regardless of mileage, if that can be picked up and used by the lawyers hopefully that will put more pressure on Ford to offer an extended warranty on the basis that they too recognize the DCT is a POS. Unless there was some very interesting reason they offered the fix it week? If they failed to adequately publicize it what was the purpose? I wonder who made that decision.....and more interestingly....why?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had emailed the journalist who wrote the article a couple of weeks ago thanking her and asking if she knew of any further developments regarding the week-long fix. She responded but did not know of anything. Then, earlier today I got another reply from her with a link to the new article. I thanked her again for keeping up the heat, especially in light of Ford changing their tune on making this right.

Without continued media coverage and similar pressure from the NHTSA, this thing will die out.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm glad she's shedding light on this huge issue. What I'm surprised about is how no big car mag company like C&D, motortrend, or Jalopnik isn't putting any articles out about these issues.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad she's shedding light on this huge issue. What I'm surprised about is how no big car mag company like C&D, motortrend, or Jalopnik isn't putting any articles out about these issues.
Journalism isn't what it used to be, especially the investigative type. I wonder how much Ford advertises in those mags.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Eh, my Google feed has been chock-full of other outlets essentially referencing and quoting the DFP articles.

Given the documents that they made available in their first article in early July, I'm guessing they have a source with decent access inside Ford itself...though it was my source's screenshot of the internal memo / service bulletin that they pulled off reddit a day after I posted it, so I'm not sure why they didn't beat me to the punch on that one.

In any case, I'd expect the DFP to lead the way on any breaking news.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Eh, my Google feed has been chock-full of other outlets essentially referencing and quoting the DFP articles.

Given the documents that they made available in their first article in early July, I'm guessing they have a source with decent access inside Ford itself...though it was my source's screenshot of the internal memo / service bulletin that they pulled off reddit a day after I posted it, so I'm not sure why they didn't beat me to the punch on that one.

In any case, I'd expect the DFP to lead the way on any breaking news.
I've seen the initial FP article on a few other small sites but nothing on the major car magazines or online news sites (unless I didn't look hard enough.) I'm not affected by this since I have the 6-speed manual but I feel for the DCT owners....the DCT issue is complete BS and I'm surprised somebody hasn't driven their car through Ford's HQ yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts