Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i changed my oil the other day i know the car takes 4 and a half qts but i checked the dipstick it was low i waited 2 days and checked it just now still low added the half qt i had left now its full. so then im like where did the other half qt go i took off the maf sensor to see if there was oil in there nope but the blue o-ring gastket broke off where can i get a new 1? then i noticed i leaked some anitfreeze and it was everywhere. i thought it was that plug leaking but its all on top of the black houseing guess i should replace the whole housing i notice some oil in the house on the valve cover had some oil in it mabe in leaked into the house and down the fileter? the house was melted on to i have to break it off and scrap the rest off. but anyway where can i get a gassket for my maf and should i be woried i lost a half qt of oil?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
you may be able to find a o-ring at a plumbing store big enough for the maf, if not I have a perfectly working Maf with excellent o-ring on my desk

can you take a picture of the housing because when you look at a focus engine theres quite a few housings that leak, but the main one would be the thermostat housing if its coolant

your valve cover may be leaking oil aswell

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i noticed the the houseing that the thermo is in is soaked i dried it just be4 looks like where the bolt is its leaking from there but ill take a pic it may be a day or 2 i just moved again and my cam is packed up still i think you may be right i think the valve cover is leaking i cleaned it up and ill drive it tomorrow and see if there more oil on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts