Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gonna get a new clutch because i just bought my procharger kit. do i need to replace the flywheel too? i know what the flywheel does and it's benefits but i'm not looking forward to the noise it makes. will the new clutch work with the stock flywheel?

·
Registered
150 Posts
You do not have to replace the flywheel if you change the clutch. I'm going with a Spec Stage 2 pretty soon from c-f-m. On their website, you can choose an unsprung or sprung clutch whether if you are going to use an aluminum flywheel or not.

·
Registered
738 Posts
why wouldnt you? that dual mass is just a blown tranny waiting to happen... many people have had tranny's shot due to it coming apart... mine was almost seperated when I got my clutch and fly done... you could literally take both parts and move them around like they were nothing... the mechanic said he's surprised it didnt come apart already...

my only thought is, imagine driveing your freshly boosed svt pulling out onto a highway and for the fun of it seeing what you car can do, accel to 7000k rpm and BOOOOM, you have a hole in your tranny case!

I dont know, just think about it... you'll have it down anyway for the clutch

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the STOCK clutch is unsprung, due to the nature of the dual mass flywheel. The sprung option is for those with aftermarket flywheels. Just to clear that up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts