Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my clutch is starting to slip when i put my foot down in 6th gear. I'm pretty sure I just need a new disk. I've been looking at the luk oe replacement clutch kit and i was just wondering if anyone has any feedback or other suggestions.

and i dont want to go to a stage 2 or anything like that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah my other concern was that its got the flywheel and slave cylinder too. i have the resources to change all that but i dont want to get balls deep into it if theres a better solution

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm no expert so won't speak to a better solution, but if you have the trans out to change the clutch it is not much more work to also do the flywheel/slave cylinder.

·
Registered
209 Posts
yeah my other concern was that its got the flywheel and slave cylinder too. i have the resources to change all that but i dont want to get balls deep into it if theres a better solution
Well you technically don't have to change the flywheel or slave cylinder why your in there. But i would love to see your method of changing a clutch disc without getting balls deep in it. Unless you know some black magic the trans has to come out which is pretty balls deep and from there you only have i think 3 bolts on the slave cylinder and i think 6 on the flywheel. You will regret not changing these later when that throw out bearing starts making noise and as i have seen before the wonderful dual mass flywheel makes noise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've only done the job by pulling the trans but was told it is easier to pull the whole engine--seems hard to believe but something to consider depending on what else may need fixing on your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts