Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i bought my ZX3 2 months ago, 3 days after i bought it my clutch blew up....they had it for jst short of a month fixing it and i got it back about 3 weeks ago, it blew up again yesterday at skool, i dunno if its the specific clutch that they put in stock zx3's or what, i do know this though, i dont ride my clutch, i dont even redline my gears, i shift at 5000 rpms to conserve gas, mayb its the freeway drive from my house to anahiem or something, but im stuck, i dont think i will be able to go to skool for a couple terms so i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a reliable clutch that i can count on and for how much, and if they know a reliable place in socal that i can get it put in at?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Get and oem one if you dont plan on modding it, and dont shift at 5000rpms if your trying to conserve gas! id shift like at 3000rpms

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i planed on modding it eventually but i jst want something that will be reliable while i save up the money for it and go to school, ooo ok ill have to keep that in mind, thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well then id go with a brand name, try looking on summitracing.com, they pretty much will only carry GOOD quality aftermarket components! and their customer service is awesome!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I got a spec stage 1 clutch, it wasnt much more than OEM but it definatly feels better than oem. The thing about clutches is they need to be broken in. The spec suggests like 500 miles or something, before driving on it hard. Guessing because it lets the clutch material strain harden or something before you really stomp on it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well then id go with a brand name, try looking on summitracing.com, they pretty much will only carry GOOD quality aftermarket components! and their customer service is awesome!
thanks i'll check em out right now

I got a spec stage 1 clutch, it wasnt much more than OEM but it definatly feels better than oem. The thing about clutches is they need to be broken in. The spec suggests like 500 miles or something, before driving on it hard. Guessing because it lets the clutch material strain harden or something before you really stomp on it.
ok i'll check that one out, and i heard about that, like before 500 miles your not supposed to go over 3k rpms.....i wish i woulda known that before tho, i might not be in this position..

Both get reputation points Thanks for the input[thumb]

·
Registered
66 Posts
not to b a dick but if u shift at 5 grand ur probly taking off at like 3.. 3 1/2 thats when i shift.. and it depends how much u slip the clutch taking off an old friend literly slipped the clutch 250 feet before letting it all the way out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts