Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help or input as to what to go with on a new clutch for my 04'SVTF? I know I can do the LUK oem replacement but was hoping to get a lightweight flywheel to replace the heavy stock feel. Don't need any racing style upgrade (car is Jackson Racing supercharged) so not that much torque or power going on. So I just need a good/reliable set up. Depending on who I talk to I get a lot of conflicting reviews on Spec 2, Centerforce, ACT, ETC. For those who have replaced the stock set up, your help is appreciated...

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
i need a new clutch and ive decide im just going to keep oem flywheel with a clutchmasters stage 2 clutch.
(i plan on turbo or sc in future)

oh and props on having a mazdaspeed3.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long have you had it? I've heard some complaints re: the pressure plate not holding up with this set up?

·
Registered
200 Posts
pressure plate seems fine(I heard that SPEC was having lots of problems with pp's back in the day but redesigned them) and yes it rattles during idle and off the clutch, but I believe all light FW's will cause this

·
Registered
400 Posts
i need a new clutch and ive decide im just going to keep oem flywheel with a clutchmasters stage 2 clutch.
(i plan on turbo or sc in future)

oh and props on having a mazdaspeed3.
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but i believe no aftermarket clutch will bolt up to the stock flywheel. Maybe the LUK but im not familiar with it. However the combo you have listed, i don't think will work. I may be wrong though.

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts