Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the Luk kit in my car and Its alot nicer. The ? I have is to ingauge the clutch, you all most push the pedel to the ground. Is this common or do I have to make adjustment some where. Also how long is the break in peroid. 1,000 miles and not to go over 3k on the RPMs??

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Not sure about the break in period, but having the engagement point low on the pedal is a good thing, that's usually how it works with a new clutch. Also, our clutches are hydraulic so I'm not sure how much adjustment can be done.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
break in is 500 miles under 3k,

and ya I have to push in my clutch all the way

I have the luk rep set as well

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
the only adjustment you can prolly do is bleed the clutch some more.

·
Registered
752 Posts
not trying to jack this thread but i also just got a new clutch put in last wed. and i cant get into reverse really at all.. it just grinds and pops out sometimes 1st and 3rd too

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
not trying to jack this thread but i also just got a new clutch put in last wed. and i cant get into reverse really at all.. it just grinds and pops out sometimes 1st and 3rd too
Check your shifter cables they might be loose

·
Registered
752 Posts
i'll check it in the morning kind of dark and cold.. but thanks though

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i barely have to press my clutch in and i had the luk kit put in in june, i drove like a ninny for a month almost til i reached 1000 miles and then i let that bad boy loose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts