Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I know I beat this clutch issue to death but now I am really fuming... [:(!]

I took the car in and they replaced the clutch under the TSB... I thought all would be well until I decided after about 40 miles that I wouild get on the freeway and just somewhat get on the accelerator... I did that and the car literally said WHA?!?!?!?!

It would barley move in first, second, and third for the few seconds I was in third... I can't believe that the clutch is still not fixed and the damn thing is worse then when I brought it in with the weak clutch[?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|]

I pretty much know the answer already but is this normal for it to slup this bad for the first few hundred miles??? I know it has to seat but it shouldn't be this bad should it?

·
Registered
265 Posts
hmmm weird, I just had mine replaced too..Clutch and slave Cylinder..Second time on my slave, first clutch..Mine is fine so far..I have about 60 miles on the clutch..Drove on the interstate and its fine.. Are you speed shifting? or did you just open it up a little and shift normal? take it back and say you drove it home, then to work/school and then you got back in your car to go home and you couldn't move very well.. I dunno whats wrong with it...DAMN '06s!! lol Shoulda kept my '03 SPI :( oh well..I love the dura just not liking the freakin clutch assy in this car...

·
Registered
859 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
ok I know I beat this clutch issue to death but now I am really fuming... [:(!]

I took the car in and they replaced the clutch under the TSB... I thought all would be well until I decided after about 40 miles that I wouild get on the freeway and just somewhat get on the accelerator... I did that and the car literally said WHA?!?!?!?!

It would barley move in first, second, and third for the few seconds I was in third... I can't believe that the clutch is still not fixed and the damn thing is worse then when I brought it in with the weak clutch[?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|]

I pretty much know the answer already but is this normal for it to slup this bad for the first few hundred miles??? I know it has to seat but it shouldn't be this bad should it?
NO!

It should be rock solid from the very first moment.

You will want to go easy on it for the first 500 miles or so while it breaks in, but it should not slip at all!

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I thought guys... it shouldn't slip... I didn't beat my clutch at all... I just gave it some moderate gas and then slowly shifted it... of course I am not going ot speed shift a new clutch.

·
Registered
370 Posts
if the really did replace the clutch it sounds like the got some grease on the clutch or flywheel and didnt wipe it off!!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
jmll said:
if the really did replace the clutch it sounds like the got some grease on the clutch or flywheel and didnt wipe it off!!
that sounds like an immediate problem... not something that would happen 40 miles after the install.

Just my guess, I have little experience on the subject, but I fear I may have to replace my clutch asap....

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
wouldn't the grease if there was song on the disk just wear off after a while and be fine then? i dunno

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See I don't know if it was messed up right when I took it or 40 miles after cause I didn't get into the accelerator til after 40 miles cause I just didn't... it could have been bad from mile 1 but was never given enough gas to see that it was slipping [thumb]

·
Registered
370 Posts
not to rain on your parade even more but there may be something consistly leaking on the flywheel!! check under the car to see right where the trans and motor meet..

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I would if I had the car... I have a Fusion rental right now... [thumb]

·
Registered
370 Posts
well tell them to keep the car and you keep the rental!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
stay with a car...in my opinion the escape is a soccer mom or dads ride!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
btw...you still have that cai for sale??

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well we will find out tomrrow if the CAI is still for sale... [:D]

·
Registered
370 Posts
let me know when you find out!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts