Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I've been waiting all week for!

I love them

QUESTION: How do I get the ford emblem off the original grill and onto the new one?

Thanks for looking

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
looks good, if those are clear bulbs i would look into blue ones (like mine lol) or amber to help define them a little more.

the ford emblem should have a self cutting nut holding it on, just find the right size socket and take it off, at least thats how mine was.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man a socket wrench? lol I asked my dad and he cut it off! any place I can buy new ones? Thanks for the compliments, I don't like amber and don't want to get pulled over for blue so I'll stick with white. I like them the best [loveff]

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
ah your in cali, yeah dont get blue lol, your best bet for an emblem is junkyard, dealership, or possibly ebay

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no I have the emblem just my dad cut off the things that hold the emblem on. The emblem is in perfect shape lol, or any suggestions on what to get to hold the emblem on if not the stock things that come with it? Thanks

·
Banned
589 Posts
Some 3m double sided foam tape would definately hold that emblem on. Just make sure to clean the mounting surfaces really well.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
^definitely just use the tape. simple, cheap

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
yeah and 3m makes a good strong outdoor 2 sided tape

·
Registered
16 Posts
tape it for now but keep your eye out for one at the junk yard, or someone on here that went to the euro grill and doesnt want there old one anymore.

looks good, have you thought about doing the driving light delete, where you cut the middle wire in the front turn signals?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
looks good, not sure how to get it off, i would probably yank it off and break something so im no help

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tape it for now but keep your eye out for one at the junk yard, or someone on here that went to the euro grill and doesnt want there old one anymore.

looks good, have you thought about doing the driving light delete, where you cut the middle wire in the front turn signals?

So the lights aren't on while just driving? Nope never thought about it. Probably wont though because I don't know if I'm going to ever sell this car for something new or not so I'm keeping all the stock parts and not doing too much permanent mods to the car. Also I don't mind the lights on while I'm driving so there's not much point IMPO.

Thanks for all the info guys you've all been a good help. [woot]

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Any but amber colored bulbs in the front side markers are illegal in most states. Here in CA its a good way to get a 'fix it' ticket. You can run clear front corners but the bulbs need to be amber. Also here in CA, it is illegal to run 'blue' bulbs on the rear of the car as only PD or the Gov of the state can have blue lights in back. Just check the policy in your state for clarification.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any but amber colored bulbs in the front side markers are illegal in most states. Here in CA its a good way to get a 'fix it' ticket. You can run clear front corners but the bulbs need to be amber. Also here in CA, it is illegal to run 'blue' bulbs on the rear of the car as only PD or the Gov of the state can have blue lights in back. Just check the policy in your state for clarification.
Damn really? I guess I'll call my local PD in the morning, that's going to suck cause I don't like the amber [scream] If they are I will have to buy some new bulbs because my turn bulbs where white to begin with lol

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
oh n btw, looks great =)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Damn really? I guess I'll call my local PD in the morning, that's going to suck cause I don't like the amber [scream] If they are I will have to buy some new bulbs because my turn bulbs where white to begin with lol
i live in orange county and cops here a 100% d-bags. i dont have a single amber light on my truck and never got pulled over or warned about it in the last 3 years iv had my truck. youll be fine with white lamps.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i live in orange county and cops here a 100% d-bags. i dont have a single amber light on my truck and never got pulled over or warned about it in the last 3 years iv had my truck. youll be fine with white lamps.
Hopefully haha, I'm just going to drive it around and hope I don't get pulled over for it. I doubt it's a law the cops are up-to-date on. Thanks for all the compliments guys I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
yah. even then they would most likely just give you a warning since everything still works properly

1 - 20 of 22 Posts