Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just bought a 2003 zx5 focus. I wrecked my 2000 focus, but am now way happier with this car. Its my first five-speed, so its taking some adjustment. My question is that besides the debadging of the car, i haven't done anything else and am kinda stuck. I don't know whether to get an exaust, intake, or different wheels and tires. Help!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
id say start off with the basics i/e/h then go with some new tires it all depends on hwta your taste is do you like everything, are you a show person or do you like sleepers? what si your prefrence?

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
well... do you want to go faster, or look better? i started by doing a chopped antenna, then the foglight mod, then a cold air intake, then i tinted the tails and teh corners, and i just got a set of euro svt rims.. got other stuff too, naturally put a system in...blah blah... its all up to you!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I tried to look at it from a budget perspective. I put an expensive mod in, then went for some inexpensive little ones while I saved up for the next expensive mod, then back to some little ones.

But the best thing I've done so far is intake/exhaust. Totally makes the car a different animal. Next big mod is header/flexpipe which should make it tons-o-fun more. But I'm doing little things inbetween like lighting, pedals, etc.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
intake, exhaust, throttle body, headers, wheels, those are typically the first ones that people do

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yeah, it all depends on what you're going for. I started out cosmeticly, headlights, tailights, corners. That stuff, and of course system. Then got rims & tires, tint, lowered. Pretty much started w/ appearence, then moved to power. It's up to you, looks or umphh?

·
Registered
105 Posts
psenechal said:
I tried to look at it from a budget perspective. I put an expensive mod in, then went for some inexpensive little ones while I saved up for the next expensive mod, then back to some little ones.

But the best thing I've done so far is intake/exhaust. Totally makes the car a different animal. Next big mod is header/flexpipe which should make it tons-o-fun more. But I'm doing little things inbetween like lighting, pedals, etc.
That big mod then bunch of little mods is a good idea, and i'd have to agree with you on the whole thing about the car being a different entity all together after yo switch out the intake and exhaust. I remember how quiet and "cute" it was, (as some of my female friends would call it) and no one would take a second look at me while i was driving, now everyone looks when i drive through tunnels and the such....not that i rev intentionally, it's just i like keeping it between 2k-3k rpm.[^]

C

·
0 Posts
Tint windows, debadge rear end, Hyper yellow fogs, custom made leather shifter boot and fresh rubber.

·
Registered
705 Posts
No modified car (a little or alot) looks right when its jacked up. Drop it. I say ~ 1.5inches, it'll look great without too much rubbing once you get bigger wheels.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Get out now and get a Jeep!

LOL had to say that as I saw "JeepToFocus" . . . . cuz I went from a Jeep to a Focus to a Jeep! lol

Just kidding . . . I'd say this: Tint first. Totally changes the look of the car and you will be much happier with it. Then go for the basics; Intake, exhaust, short throw shifter, lowering springs and shocks, header, chip, wheels & tires . . . in that order. Or throw the wheels and tires in wherever you want to.

Just have fun with it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts