Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so tired of my beige cloth seats theyre awful and stained (From water some how, yes I know it sounds terrible) And Im looking for a black leather/Premium cloth type seat. Should I buy seat covers or look for a focus being parted or, or rip some leather seats from another car??? I don't know what the best option is right now and I'm wondering if yall have any suggestions/ past experience changing your stock seats.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You have quite a few choices depending on what you want, how much you wanna spend, how handy you are, etc.

Cost range: $300 (leather like seat covers)--$2,500 (pair of Recaros).

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
You have quite a few choices depending on what you want, how much you wanna spend, how handy you are, etc.

Cost range: $300 (leather like seat covers)--$2,500 (pair of Recaros).
As roswelltop mentioned^^^^. Have you thought of going to a upholstery shop & seeing what they can do for you?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I had bought "I can't believe it's not leather" Seat covers for my 2013 SE, and had them professionally installed by a guy at an auto upholstery shop. I should mention that I had the front seats only done. The seat covers were about $300, and I think I paid 200 for the installation. While that may seem a bit high for the installation, the guy usually did the interiors of private jets, and he did it on Thanksgiving day about two years ago.
Most people that rode in my car thought they were original equipment leather. I don't think anybody ever looked into the backseat or they would have seen the original light beige upholstery in the rear.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I had bought "I can't believe it's not leather" Seat covers for my 2013 SE, and had them professionally installed by a guy at an auto upholstery shop. I should mention that I had the front seats only done. The seat covers were about $300, and I think I paid 200 for the installation. While that may seem a bit high for the installation, the guy usually did the interiors of private jets, and he did it on Thanksgiving day about two years ago.
Most people that rode in my car thought they were original equipment leather. I don't think anybody ever looked into the backseat or they would have seen the original light beige upholstery in the rear.
This^^^^^^^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts