Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, well I have been reading and learning for the past 5 weeks while my car was being built and shipped to the dealership. I picked up the car tonight with 4.2 miles on it and thoroughly enjoyed the ride home. The MFT worked like a champ, no issues with the IPOD either. The only Issue I have is with the IPHONE and the phone book. I can access the contacts through the screen and they are all there. The issue is that when one of my "contacts" calls me I get the message an unrecognizable number is calling do I wish to accept, it does not even show the phone number. I have re-downloaded the address book and deleted and added the phone but nothing I do will allow the screen to show me who is calling and what number the call is coming from untill I accept the call but the contact photo is still not displayed.
The Phone is a IPHONE 4 running version 4.3.5

Has anyone run into this? I'll post some photo's tomorrow when the sun it out!

·
Registered
781 Posts
chalk it up as another MFT issue. you could try a full-reset of MFT and then re-pair your phone. what you are experiencing is not the expected behavior. my car displays a small box which includes the caller's name.

one thing you didn't mention is what model phone you have and what version of iOS you are running. make sure your phone is up-to-date as well.

iOS 5.0 (due out in a few weeks) will bring in added functionality as well, and probably more issues.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I actually think this is an iphone issue, not a MFT issue. I can't remember where but Im sure I read it in this forum somewhere before.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I use an iPhone 4 with up-to-date OS. I see caller names when calls come in. Try removing the phone and pairing again. Make sure it gets through syncing your contacts. If still no luck, try a master reset as someone mentioned earlier. Also, don't know how much effort you want to put into it as Apple is revealing the iPhone 5 on 10/4 and usually when they do that the newest OS is available that day or the day after. Might not want to put too much effort into right now since in less than a week you will probably have a new OS (and also as someone said previously, potentially a new set of problems).

·
Registered
781 Posts
well i doubt the phone is "broken" in any way. i am thinking your phone book isn't downloading correctly. i have some 2,000+ contacts in mine and it still works fine. it just takes a long time to download.

i had read somewhere that after the initial download you should disable the auto-updates. i did that and only update on-demand every few weeks. running an iphone 4 with 4.3.3 and i see names just fine.

one minor complaint though, why the hell is that box and the buttons so small? it should be full screen, or 90% of the screen, with two very large buttons, making it easy to answer or reject the call.

·
Registered
724 Posts
iPhone 4 with jailbroken iOS 4.3.1, my contact names show up on the MyFord Sync just fine. I just have to say last name first from my contacts with voice command.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is an update, did a system restore and now it shows the caller ID, but the dealer ship is telling me that the IPHONE does not support the transfer of images via Blue Tooth. This is the reason why my contact photo is not being displayed on the screen. Is there any truth to this or are they telling me some BS?

Does anyone else with a IPHONE 4 show a contact photo if there is one tied to your phones contact list?

·
Registered
267 Posts
We just had out MFT course at the dealership 2 weeks ago. The rep. hired by FORD says that the I-phone is the least compatible with the FORD MFT sysytem because of the# of changes and updates to codes etc. Everytime FORD gets the system configured for it Apple goes and changes something in their lines of code, which makes it incompatible. It has been a real headache for them. Apparently blackberry is the most compatible of all phones, and works the closest with FORD for any issues

1 - 10 of 10 Posts