Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all,

I just bought a 2012 SEL this weekend! It's the newest car I've owned to date and I really appreciate the competent factory stereo but, as a mobile audio designer and installer in a previous life (it's been years since I've done anything except my own car), I can't help but look for better solutions. I'm very much used to more...expansive systems, but that's something I have to reconsider having this as the new primary family car with my one year old. I've been reading up on some of the great ideas here, including the "Simple Mk3 audio upgrade" and other associated threads and I have some questions to explore the options:

• What's the difference in wiring with the Alpine KTP-445A vs. U? I have the A from the install in my last car; can I make it work?
  • I'm torn between installing the power pack, upgrading the speakers, and calling it a day vs. trying to find a lower powered sub system than my Alpine Type-Rs and Fosgate 1000.1bd to toss in the back. I'm aware of things I could build like the Stealthbox, but has anyone found a winning set of speakers that produce enough low end to be satisfactory?
  • FIXED that for you, not enough posts/or days as a member to list for sale items

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
  • What's the difference in wiring with the Alpine KTP-445A vs. U? I have the A from the install in my last car; can I make it work?
I think I already figured this one out: all I have to do is cut the Alpine-specific harnesses to the respective sides of a ford harness, correct? I've seen some confusion about 12v and constant, what's that about?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts