Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new on the market are camshafts for the zetec equipped focus, from comp cams!

Here are the stats:

Stage 1 .381 IN/.381 EX Duration 273 IN / 273 EX Duration @ .050 220 IN / 220 EX
Stage 2 .381 IN/.381 EX Duration 281 IN / 281 EX Duration @ .050 228 IN / 228 EX
Stage 3 .381 IN/.381 EX Duration 289 IN / 289 EX Duration @ .050 236 IN / 236 EX

These are new so there are no dyno #'s for them yet.

Heres a link to the comp cams catalog page:
http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Catalogs/NP2004/Page-3.html

Where can they be found, currently only at www.mcnewsautomotive.com

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
$450.00 not to bad for a set...I wonder if these are a small grind cams with spacers or if there is any head interference? That would have to be dealt with?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
they are 325 @mcnews...

hey focal...are this any good ?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Focal those have been out for awhile. You can also find them at www.marcymotorsports.com. They've been on there site for a couple months now. The #'s are the same as the one's you said too. They're $349.00 at marcy motorsports.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blk take your crap to gen chat where it belongs.

Liquid they are $ 325.oo at mcnews like el pio said.

They are very new, not sure if any car has them yet, they are brand new. I don't think there should be any problems with interference.

Comp cams makes great products and are very well thought of in racing circles.

By the stats it looks like they are taking a new approach to the cam design.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
humm..\might be my christmas gift....

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC said:
Focal those have been out for awhile. You can also find them at www.marcymotorsports.com. They've been on there site for a couple months now. The #'s are the same as the one's you said too. They're $349.00 at marcy motorsports.
The guy I spoke to said they were just released but orders had been placed for them awhile back. Maybe thats how marcy put them on his site, oh well, thanks for the info.

I guess mcnews isn't the only place with them, but they have the best prices!

·
Registered
732 Posts
It's cool, at least your letting the zetecers know about it. Yeah, Mcnews always has lower prices.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Focal- I sent you a pm a while back about some questions I had about cams.. but anywho, how are these rated abouts msnews shop car using cat cams? Which would show better gains for either stage 2 or 3. I am still loking for cams!!

sorry if this is jacking the thread.

shawn

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
those comps seem a little modest in durations, the cat cams typically are slightly more aggressive than crowers i believe, and are only a few bucks more

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mofocus said:
those comps seem a little modest in durations, the cat cams typically are slightly more aggressive than crowers i believe, and are only a few bucks more
It all comes down to the setup, there are people making 150 fwhp with FR stage 2 cams.

I can't wait till someone gets a set and dynos them.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Focal I think Crane has stopped making cams for the zetec, do you know anything of this? I went on there site and they don't have them anymore, so wouldn't that mean if they stopped making cams, that there wouldn't be any new FR cams? Because doesn't Crane make the cams for FR??

Also, what camshafts do you think I should go for? Mcnews said that the cat are good but what do you think?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well they may have stopped cuz the FR outsold the cranes.

It all depends on your setup? What is your setup and what are your goals?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well i think his goal is similar to mine, the cats would be a good choice depending on how much power your wiling to go for

·
Registered
103 Posts
FR are rebadged cranes, same exact cams. I actually bought a set of cranes a couple of months ago, so i guess they are still in biz.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Well Mcnews is helping me out and they doing a package thing. FR Head, Cams, Camgears, port work, milling, and the other lil parts like head gasket and bolts, cam seals, springs and retainers. I told him that I'd like to make around 170-175whp and 160-165 fwtq. He told me that the cat 2 cams would work good but wut u think?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If thats what mcnews said then they are right. They have experience with those cams and they know what they are talking about.

I have heard and seen their car run, the cat cams are nice and will make power. Look at their shop cars specs. 159 whp and 155 wtq using stock compression, an out of the box FR head and a 2000 intake manifold. Raising compression, additional port work etc will make great power.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts