Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the prosess of buying a 2002 focus zx3 now what can I do to it to look and drive performance cheaply I dont want to invest a shit load of money into this car. I mainly want to increase speed by the way its and automatic. I also want to inhance the look of the car if you know what I mean its not a great looking car at first glance if anyone can give me some Ideas that would be most helpfull

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,797 Posts
well your problem is that it is an auto. Tjat's your first strkie. It is quite hard to make the autos fast. Having said that, tune, intake, exhaust, window tint, rim tire package. Either way it is still a fun car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have an auto too. 2006 zx4 se. what i have been told to do to make it fast is first cold air intake, exhaust and performance chip. i know i have a duratec engine and since yours is a 2002 you prolly have a zetec engine which is much easier to find parts for (in my research). after that, rims, lower it, body kit, tint and that's pretty much it. i just got into the whole car modding "scene" if you wanna call it that, so im still in the learning stage with auto mechanics and whatnot. hopefully what i said helped a little. def post some pics of your focus though :D

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
For looks, I'd say the RS kit is the best looking thing you could do for it!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
never buy auto unless you have a family and you needt a suv other them that no auto. i made that mistake once and never againe.

·
Registered
488 Posts
drop it and wheels/tires make a big difference.... as for performance... I drive an auto sedan... and they arnt tthhhaaattt hard to make fast.... the main problem is the transmission in stock form doesnt like modifications... but tuning helps that out...

i'd go for an intake... full exhaust (unless you plan on turboing in the future), throttle body, cams/cam gears, and a good solid tune (including a tranny tune to increase shift pressure and shift points, which can be done all at the same time) this would net you a decent 130whp or so (depending) Ive seen some w/ these mods upwards of 140whp... and some around 120whp... just depends...

anyways... would make for a fun and quick little car to drive... if not wanting to spend a whole lot... just go for the exhaust and intake... it'll make a decent difference in how the car feels/drives

btw... my pretty well stock (for now... new motor in first stages) ssmmookkeeeddd my buddies bmw from a 40mph roll... we where side by side for a little bit... then he was in the rear view....

now no.. this wasnt a speed demon bmw... but a decently quick car...

anyways... most important thing is to just have fun... and although our little cars may not be the fastest... you'll see most of the compitition hitting the brakes through those curves while we can just ease on the skinny pedal a little harder[:)]

Welcome to ff btw

-AcId-

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
SVT suspension is a great bang-for-your-buck mod. I love mine

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow, haha. I'm getting help from this too. Man, I can't wait till I can save up and spend money on my focus :D

btw. forgot to welcome you to FF!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
we just put a lentech recalibrated valvebody in dan's (dcl2049) 02 zetec zx3 today and holy hell does it drive now...he'll prolly update about that later...

but thats a good mod for the atx...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts