Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got my F2 rear bumper painted and installed yesterday. its been about 7 months since i placed my order with F2 and its finally installed. lol. i dunno exactly how i feel about it yet but, hopefully it will grow on me. also purchased a new camera (nikon coolpix p80). nothin to extravagant. just like a learning camera for me. so heres some updated pix of my fofo.

and the reason for getting a new bumper...

just a test fit..

and now installed...

then me and my girl went to the car wash cause my car was absolutly filthy...

her 07 sap..

and this is my new favorite pic...

so thats it. comments always welcome!

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
looks awesome your cars my insperation to be honest....whered you get your replica front tho iv seen a few sites that have them but heard they dont fit that great and your looks to fit perfect...looks awesome great job

·
Registered
329 Posts
Looks Great! Ever think of doing a rear wiper delete? I think it would clean up the rear some, but thats just my opinion other than that looks great.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
love it but paint the hatch strip :p no chrome! lol looks great

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
nice, I was gonna say wash it then it'll look better, but then you did so I couldn't say it anymore :B

also, yeah, I was gonna get the P80, but then I ended up being directed towards the cheaper, and apparently better, fujifilm S2000HD.... (not dissin on your camera, just an FYI I guess.) and the only real difference with that is the use of AA's and a manual focus option, which is why I chose it. gonna get it soon, hopefully. but good to know it takes some good pics [thumb]

and that's awesome, you both have foci [:D] (mmm I can't wait to get all finished and have dual exhaust on each side of that SAP bumper [grinking])

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks awesome your cars my insperation to be honest....whered you get your replica front tho iv seen a few sites that have them but heard they dont fit that great and your looks to fit perfect...looks awesome great job
lol..thanx bud. means a lot that i can inspire someone with my car. i actually got the bumper off ebay. the fitment is ok. just a lil gap under the headlights and the side markers dont fit exactly flush. i plan on fixing that soon with my dremel. just grind it down a bit and it should be fine.

mikebontoft: i was actually lookin at that SAME camera. lol. it was between that and the p80 i got. i saw that it took AA's and that kinda threw me off. would rather have a rechargable battery. plus this one has a 18x zoom on it with 10megapixels. im still learning the manual settings on this thing (ie. shutter speed, iso, etc. etc.) just went and got a tripod for it today so hopefully be takin some nice pics soon.

zx360: ive been contiplating on painting the hatch strip. dunno if i want to or not.

thanx for the replies so far! [loveff]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
ah ok......lol. Yeah I know, it sucks that it takes AA's, but I already have like three sets of 4 NiMH rechargeable AA's, and also a power adapter not related to the batteries, but it's adjustable. I figure that, like my camera right now, I can charge the batteries having them either plugged into the wall, inside of the camera, or when it's hooked up to the pc. I was gonna get a Nikon D60, but then it ended up being out of my range...... then I had to change my range to 200 or below, so that got rid of the P80, but I also like the manual focus cause I hate Auto..... and then I found this fuji camera for $188 and free shipping [thumb]

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Wow, that makes me want to put my SVT rear bumper on. I HATE the look of the stock bumper and seeing the difference it made on yours is really pushing on me hard. Looks good!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
looks great daniel!!!!!
fofo would look nicer with a color match hatch strip
whats your suspension setup?

and on the topic of cameras, i got a pretty good deal on a 50d canon [deviltail]

·
Registered
479 Posts
i like the look. just an opinion why not have put the euro stubby rear bumper to match the fronts stubby look. in all it still looks good. i even wanted the rear cause i have the f2 rs front. but it just look like it stuck out alot. so i kept the svt rear and modified it. like i said still looks good, just an opinion.

·
Registered
454 Posts
bout time you got that rear bumper on hope to see you guys on the next G2G

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
get rid of those kumho's on your gf's car. they are some of the worst tires ive ever had on a car

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
that looks nice man! I wonder how it would look with a matte black center section as opposed to all gloss

1 - 20 of 25 Posts